.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

6/06/2006

Da Vinci and stuffed animals

I finally finished reading The Da Vinci Code last week, and went to see the movie on Friday. I loved the movie (I give it 4.5 stars out of 5). Not sure what all the noise is about. It's a fiction book, so why is everyone taking it so seriously?! I can't say that literally this book is a masterpiece, but it is definitely written well enough to keep the reader in suspense through the end. Some books are just meant for the pleasure of the mystery and suspense and not for the brain. If you've read the book and haven't seen the movie yet - highly recommended. If you haven't read the book and haven't seen the movie - not sure you'd enjoy it as much, but I heard that many did.

Totally unrelated subject:
My parents are on vacation in Poland (their home country) and this week they're touring an area that has bisons. I've lived 37 years not knowing that Poland has bisons! Amazing what you learn in old age. As you all well know I love animals with fur, and the stranger they look - the better. I have quite a collection of stuffed animals (the fake fur ones). I used to think this was childish so they're hidden from the eyes of guests to my house. They're all in my bedroom (on shelves). But I've discovered I'm not the only adult with stuffed animals (and no kids), in fact I work with someone who also adores stuffed animals. So I'm okay with coming out in the open and admitting my problem.

Anyway, when hearing that my parents were going to see bisons, I text messaged my mom on her cellphone and requested that she find me a Bison "Made in Poland" and send it to me, because she KNOWS how much I love stuffed animals and that I buy them when I travel around the world. I got a text message response from her this morning: "Rainy days and cold here. Saw Bisons. 1 in the car 4 u, no place 4 me." Somehow I have this image of my 70 year old mom sitting in the backseat smooshed next to a real bison as he licks her face and my dad shouting at her: you really had to get that one, huh?!

2 Comments:

  • Mel, so glad to hear you got it! I keep forgetting to email you and ask if you did (yer not the only one busy...). I'm glad you love it.

    PS I knew I could trust you with my secret. :-)

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 5:38 AM, June 07, 2006  

  • hey,

    Just thought you'd like to know,
    updates are real slow on my blog, I've just started volunteering at my local newspaper and they've published excerpts of my blog which is nice but which also puts the onus on me to bring it bang up to date before I lose ahem my dwindiling 'readership'. Hopefully this should drum up a bit more publicity for yours truly especially as its a London-wide paper.

    Sorry I didn't comment on what you wrote I'm just about to leave for work and just thought i'd let you know about the hold up.

    By Blogger The Hard-working Slacker, at 3:37 AM, June 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home