.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

9/27/2008

Premature Hot Flashes

Four more months before I turn 40 and my body has decided it's time to make history again. Back in 1979 I made history by being the youngest child diagnosed with Crohn's disease in South Africa. And now I'm about to be a typical case of premature menopause caused by an autoimmune disease.

At least that's what I suspect these hot flashes are all about.

My conversation with my husband last night:
Mybrid: "I called for a doctor's appointment. I've been having some serious hot flashes past few days and I think it's menopause. It just came out of no-where. No alerts, no notices."
Ybrid [knocking on the wall]: "Hello, I'm menopause, I'm here to see you."
Mybrid: "Idiot!"
Ybrid: "Now I TOLD you not to answer the door when someone knocks and only answer when they ring the bell!"

My conversation with my husband this morning before going shopping:
Mybrid: "What's the weather like outside?"
Ybrid: "Ummmm...is this a trick question?"
Mybrid: "Oh yeah. Never mind. Doesn't matter anyway. Forget it!"

I know some women are ashamed of talking about this in public or even mentioning hot flashes, as if there's a stigma that once you get them you're way old and are closer to death than to being alive. But hey, I don't care. I already have Osteoporosis, so why not Menopause.

Here's to some exciting posts about the thrill of going through hot flashes in my late 30's.

Now would someone open a window or something?!

3 Comments:

  • Ugh. A couple of my best friends have been dealing with this for the past few years. They both say that the hot flashes make them temporarily insane.

    I'll open the window and turn down the a/c for you!

    By Blogger Chickie, at 5:55 PM, September 28, 2008  

  • Well, here's the problem. I've been declared as permanently insane by my husband and all my friends before I even started having hot flashes. So I'm not too sure what status I am about to take now.

    I don't really care, just open a freaking window already! I don't CARE if it's raining outside. I don't care if the airconditioner is working. Just open the window! I want to jump out.

    Oh wait, I'm on a one level house.

    ARGH!

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 9:50 PM, September 28, 2008  

  • I'm at least 10 years older than you and I'm still waiting. I just want it to be over!

    By Blogger here today, gone tomorrow, at 7:03 AM, October 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home