.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

6/03/2008

Where does the time fly?


I think it was a week ago when I celebrated New Year's, and then a day later it was Passover, and now summer is almost over. I have no clue where time if flying, or what on earth I'm doing with my time.

My life is consumed by...life. It's as simple as that. All of a sudden I have a ton of things to do with my free time. Ranging from visiting friends, through cleaning my house. Of course it helps that my health recently has been outstanding. Needless to say, I live every day to its fullest and try to do everything possible in one day. I have a lot to make up for.

In the last tally of friends who had kids or are pregnant, this is where I am:
My best friend in Baltimore had twins on April 2nd. Boy and Girl. Adorable!
My former boss/friend in Maryland had twins on May 8th. Two girls. Too tiny to give an opinion.
My friend's wife is five months pregnant and at home.
My best friend's wife is due next month.
My best friend's wife in Israel had her baby two months ago.
My friend from my support group had her baby three months ago.
My cousin's wife is three months pregnant.
With all the above, I had one odd week with: a birthday, a wedding and a funeral. The cycle of life all condensed into one week of my life. The emotions run amock when that happens. You just don't know when to be happy or sad. It's all intertwined.

Then there's my job. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my job. My contractor, on the other hand? Oh, we're getting closer. Yesterday morning he came beaming to me and said, "I got that bench stained for you. I wanted you to be proud of me!" Yes, we're into that type of relationship now. I've learned a lot about how to motivate a young superintendent.

My project is about to reach a major milestone on Monday, June 9th. I'm buying breakfast. Hopefully, I'll find the time to post here a couple of photos to show everyone what I've accomplished.

My house - I'm proud to say, it's not a mess! I've made major progress on the computer room, and I think with three more weekends of intensive work, I should be able to take a good photo of it and post here the results. My living room is presentable. My kitchen is awesome. Can't complain.

This past weekend we celebrated our neighbour's 50th birthday. It was a great opportunity for my husband and I to get aqcuainted with the Party Store. Our neighbour returned from the party, to a bunch of blown up flamingoes up in trees, and inside her mailbox, plus a few balloons, and some other old people's decorations. I think her laughter woke up the entire neighbourhood. Her flamingo looks a bit anemic now. But still very much pink.

I honestly don't know where time flies, but I'm beginning to think that American Idol stole quite a few hours of my week lately. I'm rapidly gaining them back. So I may be able to write more on my blog. That's if my husband ever does something to the insulation in the attic, because right now I'm sweating from the heat in the computer room.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • That pesky "real life" likes to intrude on my blogging too! :) I'm glad that your health is good! We used to have our computer in the bedroom and it was always hot in there. As soon as we moved it, I swear the temp dropped 10 degrees in there.

    By Blogger Chickie, at 12:56 PM, June 04, 2008  

  • I always say that my life is getting in the way of the things I want to do.

    And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this painting of your father's. Love it.

    By Blogger here today, gone tomorrow, at 12:43 PM, July 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home