.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

6/27/2005

The Day After

This morning I was due at yet another new client's site (am I giving the impression that I'm a busy body?). So at 6:30am I was in my car headed to my new destination. No GPS this time. Or in other words - Yes, GPS was on, but d@mn clouds and rain were a huge hindrance in locating satellites. And no matter how much my brother will claim there's no connection, I believe there has to be some reason why every time it's cloudy and rainy my GPS can't find even one satellite.

At 7:30am I arrived at the front door of my new client, waiting to be signed in, when my cellphone rings. Johnny L. on the line.

Johnny: "********!!!"
Me: "Johnny?!!! How ARE you???" [with a big smile on my face] ..."How was your vacation??? Had fun?"
Johnny: "Yes, I had a lot of fun. Seems like you did, too!!!"
Me [laughing]: "Oh yeah! Most definitely."
Johnny: "I LOVE those curtains! And what you did to the trailer, is just beautiful! Now, you wouldn't happen to know what happened to my cordless phone, would you?"
Me [surprised]: "Ummmm...no. I didn't touch it. But wait...tell me - do you have large curtains hanging on the big windows?"
Johnny: "Yes, I do."
Me: "Call your client then."

At this point I had to get off the phone because my new client arrived.

Later this afternoon when I left work, knowing that Johnny has already left work a while ago, I called him back to ask if he's already been to the bathrooms and airconditioning unit. He confirmed that he had left everything the way it is, because he likes it. I confessed that I had taken photos of everything and posted them on the internet. He, in turn, admitted that he also took photos of everything to show his family.

Yeah, Johnny is a good sport. I think I'll nominate him for employee of the month for taking it so well.


I told him he's welcome to call me again when he goes on his next vacation. Got him laughing, but I'm not certain if he was ridiculing the thought or because he wants me to come back and take everything off (ummm..I mean "the decorations"!).


Mystery of cordless phone not resolved as of yet.

N.B. 2: My practical joke was definitely outdone by the demolished house across the street. Johnny was quite surprised at the sight of the building this morning. Of course after he saw his trailer he was certain I had something to do with it. I didn't correct him.


2 Comments:

  • Phone still unsolved?

    By Blogger aNON, at 9:20 PM, June 28, 2005  

  • LOL! Been too busy today to call him and ask.

    Of course, if I did call, the mystery would resolve itself, one would think.

    But today has been fairly exciting when everyone at the main office has heard about my practical joke and wanted to see the photos. So now there's a website out there circulating around our company.

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 9:46 PM, June 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home