.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

5/13/2007

The Murder Scene

My husband and I are still working on improving our new house. I'm told that this is a never ending work in progress. But we do have a list of priorities that we absolutely must complete this year or we'll be arguing or fighting about it til we divorce. We divided the responsibilities between us, and I'm left in charge of the Master Bedroom while my husband is in charge of the Kitchen. Now you know where each of us spends most of their time.

In the process of deciding what we need in our kitchen, we bought a dozen kitchen design magazines, consulted our friends, visited Home Depot, IKEA and Lowe's. Yesterday after five hours with pencil and paper and marking all the pages in the magazines identifying what we like, and after realising we do not have a million dollars to spend, we finally designed a potential layout for our kitchen island. But since we're both visual people we decided to go to the store and get some masking tape and lay it out on the floor where we want it to be installed.

I bring to you our murder scene. Before you scroll down, I do need to warn you that the scene is pretty harsh to look at and may be a bit disturbing. For those of you who think they can brave it, keep scrolling to see how my husband killed the kitchen island:


















Some of you may not find this as amusing. Not everyone likes murder scenes. In fact, one of the occupants in our house was very distressed by this development and felt that he had no choice but to avoid the murder scene at all costs. I mean, com'n, everyone knows that murder scenes cannot be violated, right?!




If you are interested in donating to our dog's therapy fund, please contact me directly.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

  • Perhaps the dog just sees things in another dimension. While you only see your kitchen layout in one dimension, he sees it in 3D.

    By Blogger Mike, at 5:40 PM, May 13, 2007  

  • Well, we contemplated and discussed this strange occurance over lunch and dinner, because honestly no where in nature does an animal mark their territory visually. We came to the conclusion that our dog is just smarter than us and realises that sooner or later we'll tell him not to cross the line and he's just anticipating the future.

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 5:46 PM, May 13, 2007  

  • He's just testing out the lay of the land to see if there's enough room for hom to walk around the island. For instance...he's concerned that he might bump his rump on the island when he's trying to eat from his dog bowls in their current location.

    He would like to request that there be a tunnel designed into the island so that he can take a short-cut thru the island and doesn't have to walk around it all the time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:33 AM, May 14, 2007  

  • No, about the tunnel. As for his concern - we've taken it into consideration and you just can't see it on the murder scene, but his food bowl fits under the table in a special niche made for it.

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 8:01 AM, May 14, 2007  

  • so I see now what I've kept you from doing...sorry. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:22 PM, May 14, 2007  

  • What a good dog! I swear, I've watched this three times, it just gets better!

    By Blogger Sara Sue, at 1:48 PM, May 15, 2007  

  • Sara Sue, it gets even better when you come home every day and he's STILL doing it! We're completely baffled by this behaviour because we've never taught him to do this, we never warned him about it, we've never put tape on the floor before. This is inherent behaviour. Genetic. Something in nature makes him do this!

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 4:30 PM, May 15, 2007  

  • Kerstin, I'll get you back for this. I will.

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 4:30 PM, May 15, 2007  

  • Hey Mybrid, how's life? The house - from what I can see - looks nice, but I'm guessing you still haven't finished unpacking. I haven't read the last few hundred of your entries, so I'll sort of skim through them to get upto speed, or I could just email you!

    Anyways this is just a quick message to let you know that I've finally got back into the blogosphere and have made my first entry in just over a year! I know it sucks but hey check it out anyways. And have I missed any new flashy updates to blogger that might spruce up my blog?

    By Blogger The Hard-working Slacker, at 4:09 PM, May 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home