.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

8/12/2005

Going mental

After almost two months of blogging I'm suffering from mental constipation, or as the professionals call it - writers' block. Got plenty of thoughts and things to write about, but just can't seem to get it down on the keyboard.

I've been using this blog as an escape. Someone has claimed that I'm developing multiple personalities by holding on to multiple blogs with different characteristics on them. But what this person overlooked is that the name of this blog is indeed HYBRID thoughts. Hybrid being a combination of several, possibly opposite, personalities within me. No, it's not a medical condition. It's just that I go through mood swings, and I knew this before starting the blog. Maybe I should have called it "up-and-down"? I bet this name is already taken.

Today is Friday. It's our breakfast morning. I decided that every Friday WL and I should visit the cafeteria and have a leisurely breakfast together. Of course there's no difference between sitting and talking over breakfast, versus talking in the trailer like we do all the time, but at least food is involved so we have something to look forward to. This is also when I get to hear WL's stories about his ex, his girlfriend and his boys. Typically I get bored from hearing people talk about their personal lives (so I'm not offended when others get bored reading my blog) - but I realised that it's not about the stories, but about the storyteller. When the storyteller is engaging, I can listen to ANY story from them. Yeah, sometimes even sports.

My husband is off to Camp Jeep since yesterday. He woke me up late last night to tell me he's arrived at the Camp. Today and this weekend he'll be covering his Jeep in mud through "exciting" trails. Then he'll come back home excited like a little kid telling me all about it. Next weekend, he's going on another Jeep event. I think he's trying to squeeze as much summer as he can from this Jeep before going into hybernation.

I had to go by our main office this morning to pick up ink cartridges for our printer here. Got there at 6:15am, which is not typical time for anyone to be at work in this office. When I opened the door and turned on the lights, one of the employees came out of the kitchen, looking rather dazed and disshelved. Had me wondering. But for the benefit of the doubt, I didn't go checking the kitchen. I just picked up the cartridge and mail and left. I was trying to get out of there as fast as possible because my mother was on the phone and it's embarrassing for me to speak in Hebrew around English speaking people. Maybe embarrassing is the wrong word. I just notice people looking at me funny and prefer not to encourage any kind of misconceptions about foreigners being rude and loud.

Speaking of rude and loud, I find it funny that any tourist who goes to another country seems to get disgusted by the behaviour of other tourists from their own country! So as an Israeli, when I visit Europe and come across other Israelis I think they are too loud and rude. Same with Americans. They go to Europe, come back and tell everyone how rude Americans are in Europe. I think what many don't notice is that they're more atuned to hearing their own language, so it comes across as loud, but it really isn't. It's the same volume as any other tourists (except maybe the chinese who seem to communicate via telepathy or something).

Has anyone noticed the ratio of Japanese tourists to their cameras? I think it's somewhere close to the ratio of Israelis to cellphones. My husband calls me a Japanese Jew because of the camera.

TFL, I have some photos for you. The other night my husband called me to come see a visitor to our basement. Apparently, he was playing a video game when the voice of the narrator told him, "Open the gate, and let the dragons in." As he was waiting for the gate to open, something flashed by the side of his eyes, and this is what he found.

Okay, I'm hungry and breakfast is indeed the most important meal of the day! 80% of Israelis agree with me.

Toda la'el hayom yom shishi.

5 Comments:

  • Those are cuter than the ones we have in Florida, but I'll bet you we have many more. They lurk outside the door and when you go in or out they flash inside before you can stop them. They help to keep the house bug-free, which in Florida is always a blessing, but it is a little nerve wracking to see them out of the corner of your eye.

    mtrain

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 AM, August 12, 2005  

  • Multiple Personality Disorder can be fun. Just think, it'll never get boring.

    It's the milder, more presentable version of schizophrenia.

    By Blogger aNON, at 11:42 AM, August 12, 2005  

  • Mtrain, when I showed these photos to my mom she told me the story of my "smart" nephew who destroyed her bathroom trying to catch one of our native Israeli lizards (they're tiny and they grow in the house). His YOUNGER brother told him not to do it because the tail comes off. Needless to say in the panic of finding this out too late, the bathroom was a bit of a mess.

    Thom, thanks for visiting my blog. I try not to force myself to write, simply because I can never come up with something when I stare at the blog. But I realised that if I don't post something every day, people stop coming altogether. And com'n, who wants THAT?!

    Southerngirl, what on earth would you find interesting, funny and insightful in a post that was just all my thoughts thrown out at once without any order or common sense? I find that quit distressing that I cannot write a full post about one topic and have to revert to ALL the thoughts going on at the same time.
    P.S. Glad you liked the backstroke of the west.

    CS, speaking of schizophrenia I may post a short post today about my visit yesterday to my relatives in an Assisted Living facility. Believe it or not, but it'll be a humourous post.

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 12:20 PM, August 12, 2005  

  • Southerngirl, oh! So THAT's why my husband is still with me.

    One time he was getting really frustrated with my expression of thoughts and jumping around, so he told me "you know, it's really difficult for me to follow your line of thinking!" I told him, "imagine how I feel! I'm freaking stuck with this stupid brain in a Life Sentence!!!"

    In another argument (notice how I'm jumping all over today?), he asked me where I'd like to go for breakfast. I couldn't make up my mind. He got very upset at me and said, "This is what I really hate about you. You just can never make up your damn mind!" Since this isn't the first time we've been through this argument, I responded with, "Ok, but you KNEW this when we got married. And 50 years from now when we're still married - it's not going to change either." His answer, "I KNOW. That's why I'm so frustrated!"

    I told to just deal with it. :-)

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 1:42 PM, August 12, 2005  

  • When the storyteller is engaging, I can listen to ANY story from them.

    Very true. Some folks are so gifted in gab that they could talk about cutting their fingernails and it would be fascinating, while others could like all the subjects I like and put me to sleep.

    Speaking of sleep, is it martini time yet? All right Mybrid, have a good weekend. :)

    By Blogger The Zombieslayer, at 8:44 PM, August 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home