.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

8/02/2005

In the blues

Okay, so posting all those photos was a lot of fun, but I'm sure that some of you are getting tired of a wordless blog, so I better come up with something to say before I bore my audience.

Unfortunately, I'm in one of those moods where I can't seem to gather my thoughts for long enough to write a full post.

I HATE mosquitoes. I love animals, but can't stand those with wings. I prefer the furry animals. They give me warm fuzzies. One day I'll have to tell you about my stuffed animals from childhood. So someone, please remind me once I get back to normal writing mood. Culture Shock, you already know what I'm talking about, so don't throw hints or anything.

I love my dog, I hate the daily responsibilities involved in keeping him. Now my neighbours hate me. (And rightfully so!)

I hate my job. I'm bored to tears. I'm not challenged. I want to go back to what I was doing a couple of months ago. I love computers, dammit!

I hate making calls to people who aren't my friends. I don't like talking to strangers. 90% of my friends are back home in a long distance zone that involves coordinating seven time-zones apart. I miss my friends.

A LOT!

I hate it when tears get in my eyes. That's just so childish and feminine. I wish someone would invent a pill against tears. Or just a pill to block emotions until they pass.

I probably shouldn't post this. But what the heck. You've seen me goofy, you've seen me ranting, you've seen me serious, you've seen me funny, now you see me in the blues.

Next scheduled post - when I get off this roller coaster.

Now would someone please make the world stop spinning?

8 Comments:

  • I hate it when tears get in my eyes. That's just so childish and feminine.

    Childish is tolerable. Feminine is tolerable ... but Childish AND Feminine is a little rough.

    If you must, carry some visine eye drops with you, when the tears start to come, take it out and quickly drop it in your eyes. That way everyone else who doesn't need to see the (real) tears, won't.

    As for the blues, I think it's a construct of 9-5. We spend roughly half of our 24 hours (getting to work, working and then coming back from work) - we spend 8 on sleep (in general) which leaves us a big fat 4 hours for everything else.

    Take a vacation.

    By Blogger aNON, at 7:32 AM, August 03, 2005  

  • Hey Mybrid, from the photos I have seen (thanks for the mention in your previous post btw) there's a common theme: you're not in any of them!

    Now before you get all self-conscious and uppity in my face, I tell you I suffer from that too. I'm too busy taking photos of everyone else but I rarely manage to take shots of myself.

    The thing is I guess I don't trust many people with a camera to take a shot of me OR I I simply forget and neglect myself and just never end up taking a picture of myself.

    Either way the result's the same, the 'avid photographer' is rarely seen infront of the lens. Anyhoo your pics are of good quality and I can see you've got a steady hand there.

    One thing that annoyed me after I got my digicam (Sony DSC-P200, yes is pretty amateur) was how easily it picked up a little shake in my hands EVEN after I installed a highspeed 512mb memory stick!

    Oh well sucks to be me!

    By Blogger The Hard-working Slacker, at 7:41 AM, August 03, 2005  

  • Oh here we go ...

    "Technical Talk" for you photo-taking photos.

    Don't mind the rest of us...

    By Blogger aNON, at 7:47 AM, August 03, 2005  

  • CS, thanks for the brilliant suggestion with the visine. I may need it today when I attend the no-progress meeting (and today it is indeed a "NO PROGRESS" meeting).

    Unfortunately, I just took a vacation back in April, so I'm not due for another one till next year.

    Emran, I do indeed have photos of myself but I wouldn't post them on this anonymous blog, and also, like you guessed it, my husband has a shaky hand syndrome and I always come out fuzzy in photos & people assume he was drunk when he took them.

    CS (2), would you rather we discussed Sports then?

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 8:39 AM, August 03, 2005  

  • TFL, I think I'll have to post the photos somewhere on the internet and just post the link here. Any suggestions on where I could do this without forcing anyone to use a username and password?

    TFL (2), I don't do alcohol. I have friends who do it for me. I've noticed though that it doesn't solve their problems, and at times it makes it worse. So I'm not convinced that's the way to go.

    TFL (3), I know, I've watched sailors imbibe and then step on the barge before climbing up the ladder to the aircraft carrier and seem all happy that the world stopped moving. What do they know?!

    TFL (4), I've learned about the bullshit bingo from CS's blog, and I see your point. Unfortunately, these non-progress meetings are often accompanied by "bullshit" reactions from the attendees, so no one's going to notice yet another "bullshit" exclamation from little me.

    TFL (5), were's the fifth column..comment?

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 1:47 PM, August 03, 2005  

  • TFL, let me know if this works for you:
    Bored animal photos

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 5:07 PM, August 03, 2005  

  • Ah, THOSE action photos. Well, it's like this, the bear stole the picnic basket, and my camera was in it! So no photos of this spectacular event.

    But...if you ever go to Israel for a visit, I'll give you my dad's address and he can show you the real action photos along with the 8mm movies from Kruger Park, where we were almost trampled to death by a herd of buffalos, and where we didn't see the actual kill, but we saw the cheetah eat the deer on a top of a branch high up in the tree.

    Next, I'm uploading more serene photos of ...sunsets!

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 5:29 PM, August 03, 2005  

  • And now for some calm-non-action shots of sunsets!

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 5:55 PM, August 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home