.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

9/12/2005

My Pear

Here's a tribute to a true winner - Andre Agassi!

You're a year younger than me, but you're considered an old man in this sport of Tennis. Yet you won matches against tykes in their 20's. You showed 'em that turning 35 doesn't mean you're any less capable of kicking their ass.

While you may not have walked off the court with the desired title, and only came in second best, you're always a winner to me, My Pear. *

"In defeat, Agassi comes across as the Winner," I couldn't have said it better.


Oh, and thank you for being a role model for men who lose their hair. Shave it off and look even sexier. Be a man! Way to go, Andre!

* Agass means pear in Hebrew. Agassi means "my pear." Just different pronounciation.

2 Comments:

  • Win or lose it was one of the best matches I've ever seen. Power, skill, strategy and strength of will on both sides. I've been watching tennis since the Pancho Gonzales/Pancho Segura days of the 40s and 50s. I've seen Laver, Lendl, Rosewall, Sampras and Becker. I've loved it all but this match had everything I ever asked for and more. There were no losers in this one -- both won respect and admiration, even though Federer took home the big check. He'll continue doing that for many years, too.

    Agassi a pear? No, he's the apple of my eye.

    mtrain

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:48 AM, September 12, 2005  

  • He never really stood a chance especially after playing three 5 setters in the previous rounds.

    nonetheless, Agassi is definitely a living legend and he put up a respectable showing.

    Also noteworthy is Kim Clijster's breakthrough (finally!) and a trip back to Belgium with the biggest prize dollar amount in all of Women's sports, a cool 2.2 Million.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:51 PM, September 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home