.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

1/27/2006

Don't Call Us, We'll Call You

I've had this song in my head for the past day that just won't leave me! I may have to erupt in song and dance at work before I leave tonight.

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go....
I'm leaving on a Jet Plane
Don't know when I'll be back again...

For a little added excitement on my last day, my husband had a blonde moment this morning as he grabbed MY cellphone and left me with his. Needless to say, I found this quite amusing that on the one day that I should be stressed and making these stupid mistakes, my husband beat me to it.

We have the same type of cellphone (Nokia - oh, how much I LOVE Nokia!!!). We both have aliens on our cellphone's background. But they're different aliens and definitely distinguishable if you pay attention to the screen before grabbing the cellphone... His has Marvin the Martian and mine has E.T. (yeah, we're a match made in heaven). We also have different cellphone rings identified with different people that call us. We each have over 20 cellphone rings, but somehow we ended up selecting the same ring tone for when we receive a call from each other - The Muppets Show (yeah, we're goofy that way). But for some reason, my cellphone recently stopped recognizing my husband's cellphone number, and has been ringing with the tone-of-the-day that I select (I change them about once in two weeks or more often, depending on my mood, or the holiday).

So when I realised my husband has my cellphone I called my cellphone to let him know that he needs to tell everyone that calls me that he's a blonde. As he picked up the cellphone, I could hear all his co-workers laughing so hard in the background that he couldn't talk to me. He was forced to respond to their questions just to make them shut up. When I asked him what that was all about, he explained that when I rang him they all heard the tone I set for this week "Under Pressure" (by Queen). I suppose they all got so used to hearing The Muppets, that this caught them off-guard.

Half hour later my husband called me and explained that he had put call-forwarding on all incoming calls to my cellphone, so I'll get them on HIS cellphone today. But he warned me not to place call forwarding on his cellphone to mine, because then we'll be placing the calls in a loop of hell. I actually think that could be exciting!


Meanwhile, to all my Muslim friends, I wish you all a Happy New Year!!! And to my Chinese friends worldwide - wishing you, too, a Happy New Year!!!

I'm really loving this year so far, all these holidays coinciding is pretty neat.

TODAH LA'EL HAYOM YOM SHISHI!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home