.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

1/16/2006

The Third to Sixth Drink and the number 13

The first was a Blow Job.
The second was a Screwdriver.
The third was Kangaroo Love.

In anticipation of an awesome vacation coming up real soon!

The fourth (Pinot Grigio), fifth (White Zinfandel) and sixth (Appletini) drinks were in celebration of my 13th Anniversary. To clarify any misunderstanding, I'm in the phase of TASTING drinks, not drinking whole cups. At the end of our dinner, as my husband sums up the evening, he says, "I'm SO glad I only ordered "1" cup of wine!" Yes, he had to finish all the cups that our waitress had me taste.

My conclusion from the coughing fits after drinking the wines - I must be allergic or something. I felt bad for the waitress who tried so hard to suggest and recommend alcoholic drinks. I tried to apologise and explain that I had never touched alcohol before and only recently began tasting them. At the end of dinner she came to our table and asked my husband if he'd like any coffee, then she looks at me, and I had this apologetic look and said in a low voice, "I'm sorry, I don't drink coffee either." She came closer and whispered to me, "do you have ANY vices?!"


Our anniversary celebration was fantastic! In a beautiful restuarant, with a nice sunset and a beautiful view from our dinner table.


I have an Anniversary tradition where every year I ask my husband, "Would you have married me, knowing what you know today?" And every year, my husband answers with "No way!" Of course, on the first anniversary I was a bit concerned about his reply, by the 13th anniversary, our conversation came to this:

Mybrid: "Can I ask you a question?"

Mybrid's husband [after a brief hesitation and with a smirk on his face]: "NO WAY!"

But then came the surprise of my life. After half a minute of silenced smiles, he looked at me and said, "I'm still in love with you." I think my heart lost a beat, because he has NEVER said that to me before. He didn't give me a chance to recover from this proclamation when he continued to shock me with "and I still haven't found anyone I'd switch you with. Among all the women I've met and know today, you're still the one."

After 13 years, romance still lives. In Judaism the number 13 is a good and lucky number as it represents love and care. Maybe it wasn't a coincidence that our 13th anniversary fell on the week of Friday the 13th...

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home