.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

3/06/2006

And the winner is...

So last night was the first time in over a decade that I've watched the Oscars from beginning 'til end. In honor of Southerngirl and her crush on Jon Stewart I watched it all. Commercials included!

This was also the first year in my life that I've seen more than 2 movies in the theatre. In fact I can think of at least five movies I saw this year, which is VERY unusual for me. Like all the other sheep, I rooted for Brokeback Mountain and was disappointed it didn't win, but I hear that Crash is a very good movie, too. So maybe I will watch it on DVD.

Of course I was particularly happy that George Clooney won his Oscar since I got to kiss him ten days ago in London.

My favourite act in the Oscars were Lily Tomlin and Meryl Streep. They had me laughing throughout their introduction speech.

Surprisingly, as much as I hate rap music, I really loved Three 6 Mafia's "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp." I'm glad they won, it was nice to see all that young enthusiasm truly appreciative of such a great award.

I won't comment on fashion and winners and losers since I really don't know all that much about the movie industry to make these comments. I'll leave that to the experts or those with an opinion.

But I definitely enjoyed watching Jon Stewart and the Oscars last night.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home