.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

3/03/2006

Romance is overrated?

Breaking News: My stolen purse has been found. While on vacation I received a message on my phone at work from the State Highway Administration. Their crew found my purse on an exit ramp thrown on the ground. I picked it up from their office yesterday. It's all soggy and the contents are filled with mold. But all my credit cards, driver's license, and some other cards were in there. So that is some relief to get a closure on this robbery. I'm also happy that I recovered all the congressmen's and senators' business cards which were in my purse because I had attended the event on Capitol Hill the week before. So yeah, they look all nasty with mold, but at least the evidence is there.

Yesterday I met my husband at the mall to grab something to eat (we drove in separate cars). As we were eating, I looked on the wall and there was a nice black and white photo of a couple kissing. So I pointed it out to him telling him how romantic that is. He brushed it off saying, "Romance is overrated." Had I known this before we got married, I'd have given our marriage a second thought. Yes, he's a wonderful guy, and I know he loves me, but it'd be nice to have some romantic and passionate moments in my life and not just live with a "best friend."

During dinner he told me about his friend at work (a man in his 40's) who took a business trip to Texas and was pulled over for speeding. The guy said he must have been doing 110mph on an off-ramp and the policeman was especially nice ticketing him for only going 81mph in a 65mph zone. He told my husband he was so grateful to this policeman he was ready to blow him right there and then if he only whipped it out. Our dinner conversations are getting interesting by the day.

When we finished dinner we took a brief walk at the mall and entered the bookstore. I pointed out a book up front - "Sex for Dummies" - and jokingly said, "I wonder what's in that book?" His response: "It probably says, 'insert tab A into slot B. Repeat.'" Yup, I can see why he'd think romance is overrated.

I did look in the book and saw a chapter called "Sex after 60." I told my husband about it later. He mumbled something about it's not for us. Told him it's probably about sex after 60 times.

When we left the mall, in an effort to bring back romance to our marriage, I asked my husband to walk me to the car (his was parked two rows away). So he reluctantly obliged and walked me to the car, gets to it ahead of me, touches it with his stretched arm, and walks away towards his car. I called back after him and asked him about that partying kiss. He walked back, and kissed my car!

Nitwit!

Todah La'el Hayom Yom Shishi!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home