.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

2/06/2006

G'day Mate

London was awesome, Australia is even better! There's only one slight problem - these people drive on the wrong side of the road. One would expect it to be fairly simple to get used to look to the right first before crossing the street, but unfortunately, this has become quite a task with one way streets where you actually have to look to the left first. Very confusing. But someone was brilliant enough to mark the road with "Look Right" and "Look Left" at every crossing.

I expected very hot weather in Australia after hearing of New Year's temperatures which were up in the 45 (celsius that is!). But I landed into freezing 25 celsius and had to borrow my relative's coat to stay warm. It's finally warmed up a bit yesterday when my husband arrived, and I enjoyed a t-shirt day.

We had our first Australian Excursion to the Sydney Tower, where we had spectacular views of Sydney from above. Today I get to fullfill my wish - I get to hug a Koala bear at Taronga Zoo. After that, I can go home happily ever after. So far I'm up to 512 photos. But I'll save it all until I return.

It's 7am (Feb. 7) and we're on vacation, so it's time to hit the road and stop wasting our time inside the house.

P.S. Had a wonderful birthday party with my rellies in Sydney. Got an Emu Egg and awesome photos of Australia to hang at home. I hope I manage not to break these on the way back to the U.S.

2 Comments:

  • U Lucky!!!!!! I hope I can do my graduate studies in Australia.....heard alot about how cool a place it is....and how hot it beaches are...hehe!

    By Blogger Aftab Iqbal, at 5:00 PM, February 07, 2006  

  • There's only one slight problem - these people drive on the wrong side of the road.

    Yup. New Zealand was confusing for us. My father drove on the wrong side (actually the right side, they drive on the wrong side) a few times by mistake.

    By Blogger The Zombieslayer, at 2:32 AM, February 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home