.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

2/22/2006

Last Post from Down Under

In 24 hours I'll be on a plane heading to one continent and then another. The following day I'll catch a plane to the fourth continent in two days and my final destination. In between I plan to meet a fellow blogger whom I only know from the blog world. That's if he ever reads my email and answers it... [addendum: received an email while typing this blog. It's a date!]

This is the last vacation for me and my husband for a long time to come. We spent quite a bit of money on this trip-of-a-lifetime (and a lot of it on gifts). We don't regret the expenses, but we are definitely going to have to keep our jobs for a while longer.

I'm sad for many reasons. I'm not excited about returning back to work, particularly about seeing some people. I'm not excited about returning to the cold and freezing winter. I'm not excited to return to my messy home. I'm not happy about leaving this wonderful country.

I'll be back, Australia. Take care of your precious animals and wonderful people.

Sydney, Australia Wednesday, 11:58pm, Feb. 22, 2006.

3 Comments:

  • Ure one lucky girl......enjoy to the max.....save loads of memories.....And therez a Inventors Hall of Fame....cool!! And way to go...ure relative has done one hell of a job....pay my regards to him too....!!!

    By Blogger Aftab Iqbal, at 3:44 PM, February 25, 2006  

  • Hey Mybrid,

    Thanx for dropping by London on your way back, it was a pleasure to show you around (and I'm not just saying that so the others can see!).

    I've been pretty reticent about posting any comment on your blog after you left because I STILL haven't updated my blog and the fact that nobody really left any comments about my last few posts really isn't helping my general feeling of self-worth.

    (Sigh)

    I think I just exagerrated slightly there. Anyhoo once I finish renovating my room I'll be back 'online' as it were. What can I say, I can't multitask for the love of god!

    ciao for now!

    By Blogger The Hard-working Slacker, at 12:44 PM, March 06, 2006  

  • 3mr@n: I know the feeling about not feeling too encouraged when no one checks your blog. I figured out that unless you write about sex or personal drama no one is going to read your blog. It also takes quite a bit of work to go posting in other blogs just to get some attention. Who has time for THAT?!

    Likewise, I had a wonderful time meeting you, and I look forward to host you in my own home turf.

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 12:57 PM, March 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home