.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

6/14/2006

Happy Flag Day!

I got back home to a familiar looking envelope. One of those official envelopes that I've been receiving since I started the process of applying for US Citizenship.

How appropriate is it that on Flag Day I'll get the envelope that schedules me for the interview and exam to become a U.S. Citizen?!!!

So now I have to study not only for the PMP Exam that I've been studying for what seems forever, but I also have to add more stress into my life and study American history!

And only this morning I learned from my husband that apparently it's not all that common for a Senator to move from the Republican party to the Democratic party. Heck, this happens all the time in Israel. Now I have to unlearn everything I ever understood about democracy and politics.

I may need to sign you all up to help me with studying American history. I have two things going against me - I have a bad memory, and I hate history!

I bought the book. Now I just need to master it.

Oh, and the interview is supposed to test my ability to speak and write in English. This has me worried. I'll have to explain why in a separate post. It's not so much about my ability to speak and understand English, as much as it's the ability of the employees at the dept-of-you-know-what to understand English...

2 Comments:

  • After living and visiting several countries I've come to the conclusion that there can never be true democracy. It ain't so simple...

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 7:47 AM, June 16, 2006  

  • We talked about this many years ago, and you said you'd do it some day. I guess that day has come. You won't have any difficulty, unless you mention polygamy to the examiner. No, I guess you wouldn't do that. Years ago, I would have said congratulations; the way things are here now, I'm not so sure.

    By the way, democracy is just a fairy tale now.

    mtrain

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:58 AM, June 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home