.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

6/20/2006

Important Birthday

My husband is celebrating his birthday today, so I'm running more and more behind on writing meaningful and humourous posts.

TOMORROW, is an even more important birthday...

My blog turns 1 !!!

I can't believe I got pulled into this by CultureShock who has since retired and left me on my own out here in blogland. An entire year of sticking to my writing and not getting too bored with it. Though I still wish I had more time to write in my true style. Instead I'm reduced to writing about what I do every day as if this were a personal diary. How boring for all of you, huh?

Yesterday - I had an awesome lunch paid for by a contractor on my job. Tonight - an expensive dinner out on the river. Tomorrow - I'm going out to see my first baseball game ever (this should prove lots of fun considering I don't know the rules nor do I feel as passionate about it as everyone else who'll be there). Thursday - another dinner out. So yes, after a week visit from my Australian rellie, this sums up to ten lunch and dinners out in the past two weeks!

Friday, Saturday, Sunday - yet another weekend of relaxing and studying. Mostly because I spent this past weekend with severe stomach cramps and couldn't study to save my life. I hate this damn disease!

On this boring note, I better get back to my work. Maybe I'll make some changes in my blog as it turns 1 tomorrow. I'll have to think about it.

3 Comments:

  • "I had an awesome lunch paid for by a contractor on my job. Tonight - an expensive dinner out on the river"

    I see you are trying to qualify for the Katherine Harris Congressional "Stuff My Pockets" Award. You are ready to work for the government all right.

    MM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:01 PM, June 20, 2006  

  • Katherine Harris... rings a bell. Oh yeah, was that the lady in charge of the voting fiasco in Florida?

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 8:09 AM, June 21, 2006  

  • Yep, that's the one. Gave the 2000 election to Bush, then got elected as a Representative as a payback. She had dinner with a guy who wanted a government contract last year, which cost him $2,400.00. I'll bet it wasn't a Big Mac.

    MM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:58 PM, June 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home