.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

7/11/2006

Misc thoughts

Finished reading A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry. Interesting story that takes place in India back in the 70's (or around that era). Not sure if I would have picked it up at the store, but someone recommended and I got hooked on it. I'm not a fan of sadness, but this book grabbed me for the injustice of the caste system.

4th of July fireworks were postponed for the 8th. Photos were uploaded to flicker. Click on the right side to view the slide show. I love my new camera!

Wimbeldon - FINALLY an Israeli wins Wimbeldon! I'm SO proud of him. I've been following him for some time now, struggling to make a name and now overnight he earns the title for mixed doubles.

World Cup - I rooted for France. I wanted to see Zidane raise the trophy. I cried in the end. I hate the French, but if anyone looked at the French soccer team you'd notice most of them weren't French for any longer than one generation.

I have family in France. My relative married a woman from Senegal. Unfortunately she commited suicide and left behind a son and a husband. He married again. Another woman from Senegal.
His brother has AIDS (he got it from injecting drugs). We hosted his brother in our house in Israel in 1982 when AIDS and its reasons were still unknown. My mom freaked out when she found out after we hosted him that the family hid this piece of information from us. I have no idea what happened to him. I know he lived at least ten years after diagnosis. I have no idea if he's still alive. I don't ask. I'm too scared to find out, I guess. Every family has a black sheep. This one's ours.

I just finished watching Pirates of the Caribbean (the first one). Never seen it before. If I get a kiss from my husband tonight - it was all worth watching and worth the nightmares I'm about to have.

2 Comments:

  • So apparently a romantic kiss at the end of Pirates of the Carribean, and a 15 second discussion about it, did not prompt my husband to kiss me.

    Didn't have nightmares either. Maybe I'm ready for POTC II.

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 8:35 AM, July 12, 2006  

  • I haven't seen the second POTC yet, but I loved the first one. It's just one of those worth watching movies I thought.

    By Blogger Mike, at 10:36 AM, July 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home