.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

8/10/2006

Why this is a one-sided blog

It's not that I don't understand the pain of loss on the other side. It's just that I don't feel that someone who only sees the other side can understand that we don't AIM to kill civilians. We aim to shoot at the sources of rocket launches. We're not after killing people. We've bombarded infrastructure and weapons caches. We're not after the Lebanese people. The fact that so many innocent civlians died ON BOTH SIDES is a reality of war.

The other thing I'm trying to get across in my blog - the media is filled with the images of deaths from Lebanon. For every ten photos of destruction and death in Lebanon, they show two photos from Israel (though not of death or destruction). My point in this blog is to show OUR side to this conflict, since the media is already filled with images from the other side.

I find it strange that someone would want me to show the pain of the Lebanese when I have so much pain among my own people that I want to share. When you're hurting and in pain, when your people are hurt - you talk of their pain only.

While I completely agree that Lebanese are suffering from the results of this war, it angers me that some people only see their suffering as if ours is negligible.

Israel is out there defending its right to exist without the continuous terrorism aimed at its civilians. It's a right of every country to defend itself. We've tried peaceful negotiations. We've tried giving up land. We've tried staying quiet and taking in all those rocket launches at us from Lebanon. Now we're trying a full out war to disarm the Hizbullah.

No Israeli wants to stay in Lebanon. No Israeli wants to occupy Lebanon. We're all against it.

But we're all for disarming the Hizbullah forcefully, since no one else in the Lebanese government has done it, in spite of them promising they would. We're all for disarming terrorists, before an Israeli 9/11 happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home