.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

10/13/2006

One thing I won't miss

I finally identified one thing I won't miss when I leave Israel the day after tomorrow.

Israeli mosquitoes!

ARGH! Can't stand their homing devices. They see me, they see a feast for a tribe. They leave me spotted all over, suffering for weeks later from their marks.

Maybe the one good thing about the Israeli ones is that they are so malnourished from the thin people in this country that the bites are far tinier than the American counterparts. But nonetheless - still very annoying.

I'm very satisfied with the accomplishments of my trip. I met with my six best friends, my cousin and of course my immediate family. I managed to begin peace negotiations between my mother and her brother after six months of no communications due to a major major family crisis.

I handled a major work crisis from six time zones away.

I figured out some issues that have been bothering me lately. Issues that really bothered me and were a part of my needing this vacation away from everything. I'm really happy about this because I didn't think I was giving myself enough time to think when I kept doing so much every day. But it's exactly that aspect of doing so much that led me to the conclusions I needed. I'm quite happy with the resolutions. It makes me feel better since they caused me some major stress in my life this past year.

I can't say that I am ready to go back, but I know I must. I have a terribly busy next week at work and I'll be lucky if I find time to even sit across a computer. So I may not blog until next weekend. Then next weekend I am participating in a walk for a cure to help other Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis patients. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

  • Interestingly enough, my home state of Michigan ranks really high in overweight people. Michigan is also really bad when it comes to huge and agressive mosquitoes that have been known to leave a mark on me the size of Rhode Island.

    By Blogger Mike, at 11:53 AM, October 13, 2006  

  • Florida mosquitoes aren't too bad, except for the tiger striped ones, but the problem is that with our mild winters they never die off. If you are really lucky you can offer them your blood every month of the year.

    Sounds like your trip to Israel settled some problems in your mind, which is a good thing. You have been spinning on your own axis for quite some time now, and it's about time you straightened out. Hae a good trip home, and remember this time you are an incoming American and not a foreigner. Bring me back some Mediterranean water.

    Mtrain

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:14 PM, October 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home