.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

11/10/2006

All by myself

Being a government employee my husband has today off. And since his sister celebrates her birthday on Veteran's Day (as she constantly has to remind my husband: "eleven, eleven, seventy seven!"), he went down to visit her and help her out with house work. I wonder what it'll take to get him to help his own wife with house work?

He'll be gone today and tomorrow. I asked him to take the dog with him. The dog is turning ten next month. It's amazing how he's got us tied to a schedule like a child would. So now that I get one day without having to rush back home to take the dog out, it feels so liberating!

Now I have a whole day without any stress of worrying about getting back home. It's been many years since I felt this way. I miss my early 20's. I really do. I just want to enjoy life and do what I want without having to answer to anyone where I am and what I'm doing, and without feeling bad about not getting back home on time.

I think I'm going to constitute a new rule in our house, where one weekend a year we both get our vacation from each other and from anyone else, so we can do what we like. Oh wait, my husband already has that freedom every time he goes playing with his Jeep. And I guess I sort of get that freedom when I take vacations overseas. But thing is - it's not a vacation if I still have to get back home.

Hmmm...I'll need to figure something out so it benefits ME. Yup, it's all about me.

At least today and tomorrow.

EDIT: I called up my friend and planned to go out with him for a drink. I left work, drove to his office, and then my husband called to say he's on his way home! I still went out for a drink, but at least I didn't get back to an empty home. That put life in persepective for me. I guess I can't really be on my own and be happy about it.

1 Comments:

  • There is almost nothing better than time away and time alone. However, too much of it can start to get to you after a while. I guess it is all about finding balance.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:54 AM, November 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home