.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

10/20/2006

My husband the comedian

My husband and I went out to dinner this evening. First relaxed dinner since I got back from Israel. I told him about some conclusions I reached during my vacation. Told him why I've made some decisions. This was one of two conversations that I needed to have with him. I decided to start with the one that speaks about other friends in my life. The next conversation will be about himself. Just things that bother me and have bothered me for 14 years (and 4 days).

As I was in the middle of a serious discussion, and he was done paying the bill, he interrupts me and says "are you going to finish that Coke or can we go." And that's exactly what I needed to talk to him about. So I told him, next time I'll tell you why I don't like it when you do this.

As we left the restaurant and headed to the car, he was holding the leftover box. When we got into the car, he put it on the dashboard. I was still occupied with telling him how much I dislike being rushed after eating a meal. But I didn't do it in a reprimanding fashion but jokingly. I just told him he's an idiot and needs something to treat his ADD.

He turned the key in the ignition and says, "You know what ADD stands for?" Then without waiting for my answer he says, "Attention Deficit hey watch out for the leftover box so it doesn't fall."


Every time he makes me laugh like this I fall in love with him all over again.

2 Comments:

  • ...and that's what husband's are all about. Humor has saved my ass more times than I care to account for.

    By Blogger Mike, at 10:32 PM, October 20, 2006  

  • Without a touch of humor now and then to put things in their proper places this would be a radically tough world to live in. I suppose that's one of the things I (perhaps unfairly) hold against Muslims. I have yet to detect the faintest sense of humor from them.

    If you can laugh at a time of crisis somehow things slip a little looser and the burden lightens just a fraction. Keep it up.

    mtrain

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:46 PM, October 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home