.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

11/02/2006

A discussion with my friend

My best friend called me asking for a ride to our company event tomorrow. My best friend and his wife have been our friends for 14 years. We met in college (before they got married) when they were a year ahead of me. When they got their degrees they began working at the company where I work today. His wife had a lot to do with my getting hired into this company. Here's how the conversation went with him:

Mybrid's Friend: "Can I get a ride with you on Friday morning?"
Mybrid: "Sure. On one condition."
MF: "What's that?"
Mybrid: "You drive, and I practice on you my presentation for class."
MF: "???"
Mybrid: "I'm going to give you an oral presentation."
MF to his wife: "You hear that? She's going to give me an Oral Presentation!"
[Wife making shocking sounds in background and gets on the phone]
Mybrid: "Well, if you're so concerned, I can come on over now and give you both an Oral Presentation."
MF's wife: "EWWWWW!"

The rest of the conversation just went downhill.

Now I need to figure out how to keep a straight face tomorrow in class.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home