.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

1/02/2007

A Unique Talent


I'm starting the New Year with a tribute to my dad. My dad is a retired Mechanical Engineer. He has numerous hobbies, and too many to even start listing here, but this is one of his hobbies that I would like to share with others. He paints.

Admittedly, this is nothing unusual for retired people to engage in painting, but my dad is an unusual case of a painter. I'm not going to reveal what it is just yet. Maybe it will become apparent as I upload his paintings each time.

The one you see here actually shows a few of his past paintings all in one. You will see these in close-up in future postings.

This coming Saturday is the Grand Opening of his first art exhibit. It's the first time he'll be exhibiting his drawings all on his own, without other artists. I'm so proud of him! I really hope someone will happen upon this exhibit and will discover my dad. He's got a unique style that's worth some attention. Somewhere I'm even curious if anyone will offer to buy his paintings.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I hope he gets discoverd too. It's always great to do something you really enjoy and then get some recognition for it too.

    By Blogger Mike, at 4:59 PM, January 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home