.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

12/07/2006

Some odd signs where I work

One of the projects I managed recently involved a library. One would expect a library to have signs that are written by...oh...I suppose educated people, right?

Or actually, if an uneducated sign was put up, one would expect the head librarian, the top boss, the federal paid employee to notice it and comment on it, right?

And of course you would expect the sign to be corrected sometime within a month if this library is as heavily occupied as this librarian kept telling everyone. I mean, I can't possibly be the only person who'd notice something, comment on it, and cause a corrective action to take place, can I?!
I guess you guys know the answer to these questions. So without further delay, I give to you - The Sign:


And for those of you who would like to give a break to someone who just made a typo, I'll give you evidence # 2:

I will remind everyone that these signs were made by librarians - people who are required to read and write book's as a qualification for finding employment at a federal agency.

Thankfully, we proceeded to demolish this library, relocated the staff to another library and relocated the shameful notices to the trash. With that I thought we will no longer encounter strange signs by these librarians.

Until I saw this a month later:

Only the librarian and a handful of people know that ILL stands for the division of international law or something obscure like that.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home