.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

12/13/2006

An unhealthy update

In preparation for surgery on Friday I haven't had anything solid to eat since Saturday morning. My brain is running low on any creative, original, or amusing posts. I've also been suffering from severe pains since Saturday, so I'm not much in the mood for writing. Last night I was considering going to the ER but decided against it simply because I already know the local hospital will not know what to do with me. The only hospital that would know is an hour away and I wasn't in a condition to be in a car for that long.

I'm not thrilled about having surgery on Channukah eve. I would have liked to invite friends over to my house and cook all the common Channukah treats for them, but the way my house looks now and the fact that I'm incapable of doing any physical work to clean it up - took care of that idea. So I may have to invite myself over to my friends instead. Although I find it difficult to believe I'll be coherent enough to be able to celebrate Friday eve.

Next week I have a consultation with another surgeon to schedule the next surgical procedure. I wish they could make exceptions for patients like me and perform multiple surgeries in one go. Instead I have to suffer several times.

I'm going to try and take it easy tomorrow. Stay home and get ready for the surgery. I'm already pushing myself a bit too much this week by going to work, but thankfully no one has asked me yet why I hardly get up from the chair. Nor did anyone notice that I'm walking at a pace of a 90 year old woman with a walker. Though I think my boss noticed that my lunch consisted of a tiny container of cottage cheese. That'll be my breakfast and lunch. The last real meal before I go on clear liquid diet.

I just want to be past all these damn surgeries. I'm tired of being sick. Tired of being in pain.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • How come my comments are not coming through? I've responded at least 10 times in recent weeks that don't show up! Should I change my deoderant?

    mtrain

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:24 PM, December 13, 2006  

  • You think YOU have a problem? I tried posting this ten times this morning and it wouldn't show. Eventually I gave up. But now when I'm home I see that it works fine.

    Darn Blogger.

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 7:20 PM, December 13, 2006  

  • I think blogger needs surgery. I am hoping for the best for you Mybrid. I would tell you to enjoy your surgery, but I know you won't.

    By Blogger Mike, at 7:33 PM, December 14, 2006  

  • Come through this one OK, kid, and we'll all look forward to your return. You've done it before, you can do it again. I might add that your old time policy of threatening the doctors didn't work, so don't try it again.

    mtrain

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:10 PM, December 14, 2006  

  • Boy, this is exciting! Just think -- after surgery you can have solid food! Some delightful herring, or maybe a whole rasher of well done bacon. The possibilities are enormous; I wonder what will be your choice for "first!"

    mtrain

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:29 AM, December 15, 2006  

  • Mike, I thouroughly enjoyed the surgery particularly because I was knocked out by gas throughout.

    mtrain, my choice for first was toast with cheese. I try not to engage in risky behaviour.

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 11:52 AM, December 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home