.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

12/29/2006

Can't wait for 2007

With my immune system running on low I managed to catch a nasty cold from my mother-in-law this Christmas. It happens every year without fail. Somehow I never learn the lesson to just stop celebrating these Christian holidays and stick to my own. So I'm feeling all miserable now with multiple health problems at the same time. I've been contemplating death a bit too frequent recently and trying really hard to keep things in perspective. One small ray of sunshine - my surgery has been bumped up and will happen next week.

Maybe I'll feel well enough to celebrate my 14th Anniversary the week after.

The annual office party resulted in some choice swear words on my behalf. I didn't get the promotion I asked for. I got half the raise of what I wanted. I'm so done with this company. I've spoken to several people so far, and they all want my resume. I suppose there's nothing better to do than work on a resume while feeling all sick and miserable. By April I'll be submitting my resignation. I have to finish the current job I'm on before quitting simply because I plan on staying with this client and just transferring to a different company.

Before April I plan on moving to a new house. We found a house and waiting ten more days before putting a contract on it. We're hoping that some other house in this neighbourhood will go on sale, because this house requires some changes to it and I'm not eager to move and start managing contractors.

Figures that when I'm feeling the sickest and most miserable I'm invited to a ton of parties. I hate missing out on parties, no matter how sick I am. So even after spending an entire day at the ER three days after my surgery and eventhough I couldn't eat or drink anything, I still went to the office party. Tonight we're invited to a friend's 30th surprise birthday party. We were invited back in October and I promised I'd come. Then on Sunday we're going to the annual fun New Year party that helpfully provides me with fun videos to upload here. I suppose I can handle all these parties with a good box of tissues.

Next week ought to be really interesting with New Year on Monday, and a federal holiday on Tuesday, and then my surgery on Thursday.

Sometimes when I can get my head out of the fog I try to think of other people who have it worse than I do at this time. So here's a thought - how would you like to be the President of the United States and have TWO presidential funerals fall during your time in office? I don't know what the statistics is, and whether any other president endured two funerals, but I think he should get the hidden message there - "Boy, I'm so ashamed to belong to what used to be a prestigious group of presidents, that I can't bear the thought of living with you in office any more!"

Here's another one who's starting on the left foot - the new elected mayor of Washington D.C. -Mayor Fenty. Was supposed to start his first day in office on Tuesday, Jan. 2nd. His first role in that position - attend a presidential funeral at the National Cathedral. His first action before even becoming mayor - postpone his own inaugration celebration where 15,000 people were scheduled to attend. Mayor Fenty, words of encouragement - it can only get better!

Wishing everyone a Delightfully Happy New Year!

1 Comments:

  • Well here's hoping that 2007 is a better year than 2006 and also hoping all of your health issues get resolved.

    Happy New Year Mybrid.

    By Blogger Mike, at 8:35 AM, December 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home