.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

10/28/2007

In no particular order

Okay, it's going to be a disjointed post, maybe even a long one. But if I don't just write everything, my memory cells will explode from overload.

Ever since I started writing this blog I find myself going through life and thinking to myself, "oh, I have to write this on my blog".."oooh, this is really funny, I have to mention it on my blog".."wow, this is great. I can't wait to share this with everyone."

Then I get home, and feeling so wiped out that I cannot for the life of me recall what I wanted to share with you all.

So here are snippets from what I sort of remember, that may have either been funny or very angering.

I was ten minutes late to the pharmacy to get my flu shot. The ladies were counting the money and their lists as I came over and said, "darn, I'm late, aren't I?!" The one lady picked up her head, and said, "Yes, I'm afraid so." I then asked, "when is the next time you're holding this?" The helpful lady started saying, "Nov. 3rd we'll be back here." So I asked, "what time?" Then this other lady snapped and said, "I just left the information at the pharmacy counter, why don't you go ask them?" Would it really have hurt her schedule to think for five seconds about the answer to my question and give me the answer rather than being so rude? I was very upset because I was in pain and limping, and she just made me walk 20 additional steps that she could have prevented with just answering "12 to 6."

Conversation with my husband as we were searching for a new granite top for our kitchen:
Mybrid: "I think we should find a granite that has some orange on it, so it disguises the Fanta drops when I pour into a cup."
Ybrid: "Why don't you just learn how to pour without spilling?"
Mybrid: "Are you kidding me?! I'm not a proffesional drinker like you."
Ybrid: "No, you just have a drinking problem!"



One night before heading to bed, I couldn't find my cellphone after finishing to fold the laundry:
Mybrid to husband: "I can't seem to find my cellphone! Can you help me please?"
Ybrid: "Give me the wireless and I'll call it."
Mybrid: "But I turned my cellphone on vibrate last time I held it."
Ybrid: "Then we'll just have to be very quiet to hear it."
Mybrid: "Ok, go ahead."
[5 minutes later, and running around our room to the sound of SOMETHING vibrating, we finally found it in my sock drawer].
I got in bed all happy. Started reading a book. When the home phone rang. My husband ran to my sock drawer, opened it, and lifted a pair of socks to his ear, "HELLO? HELLO? Can you hear me now?"



After the third day of construction in our kitchen, I got back home to find an invoice for change orders:


Communication since then has evolved between us to pieces of drywall:




Labels:

6 Comments:

  • I know what you mean. I'll have something happen or some thought that I must blog about and then I forget it later.

    Heh, I like your drywall notes.

    By Blogger Chickie, at 10:22 PM, October 28, 2007  

  • You've found the perfect mode of communication! And you know, they always say to write things down...

    It could lead to unfortunate converations though- "where are the notes for the counter?" "I think we just nailed them into to the wall above the fridge".

    By Blogger Forrest Proper, at 11:50 AM, October 29, 2007  

  • I'm the same way with my blog...just think of all that lost brilliance of ours!

    By Blogger here today, gone tomorrow, at 7:00 PM, October 29, 2007  

  • The drywall notes are a hoot.

    And the cellphone thing... when I lived alone, I had a landline that I pretty much only used for finding my cell phone.

    By Blogger Phoebe Fay, at 11:12 PM, October 29, 2007  

  • Talk about *hard copy*!

    By Blogger Sara Sue, at 2:21 AM, October 31, 2007  

  • Ever since I started writing this blog I find myself going through life and thinking to myself, "oh, I have to write this on my blog".."oooh, this is really funny, I have to mention it on my blog".."wow, this is great. I can't wait to share this with everyone."

    Then I get home, and feeling so wiped out that I cannot for the life of me recall what I wanted to share with you all.


    I do exactly the same thing. I had one or two blogposts today and they're already gone. :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:22 AM, November 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home