.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

9/09/2007

The good and bad about my new job


The bad:
  • I'm back to a long commute through DC.
  • Parking in a garage in DC is an arm and a leg. Daylight robbery I tell ya.
  • The building is absolutely freezing, while outside it's 100 degrees.
  • The building's cafteria has a contract with Pepsi (I HATE Pepsi products and I miss my Fanta!)
  • The person whose place I'm filling in is not very helpful in handing over the correct information.
  • I work in a cubicle again. I miss my office.
  • I don't know anyone in the cubicle farm where I work and no one is going to introduce me either.
  • I have to walk to the printer. I miss my own private printer next to the PC.
  • I hate doing Design Reviews!
The good:
  • The bathrooms are close and rather clean.
  • There's a refrigerator within a few feet.
  • I have enough space to spread out the drawings.
  • All meetings take place in the same building.
  • The cafeteria is located in the same building. No more leaving the building just to get breakfast or lunch.
  • I already know a dozen people in this building from my previous employer.
  • I am surrounded by men. They're so much quieter than women in the workplace. They come to work, they work, and go home. Women - talk, gossip, laugh out loud, ask me personal questions, drive me crazy.
  • I don't owe any answers to any manager. I AM the manager.
  • I got my first paycheck on Friday, after working only 31 hours.

Note to self (or lessons learned from past week):

  • Next time you start a new job, schedule it two weeks after surgery and not five days after.
  • Never ever trust a surgeon who says, "Oh yeah, you can just go to any hospital to get that removed." It'd save you the four hours in the ER in future.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home