.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

10/18/2007

Kitchen Make-up

I know you've all been wondering where I've disappeared to and why you haven't even seen me checking your blogs or posting comments, but here's the excuse in photos.

We used to have a kitchen.

A place to cook meals, sit at the table, eat, rest, and then when done, I'd go check email and blog.

It was a very nice kitchen. Cabinets were two years old. But we had a problem with the light fixture. It was funky, didn't belong in this modern house and didn't emit much light. Here's what it looked like:


So my husband and I have been sitting in this house for over six months, trying to figure out what we can do to improve on this light fixture.

It finally dawned on us what was really wrong with the kitchen. So this is what we did...


So yeah, we no longer have a sink, a stove, a dishwasher or a microwave.

All meals are eaten outside. I get back home, slip into comfortable clothes, and we go out to eat at a restaurant. We side-step to Home Depot to find a light switch there and a box there. We get back home at 9:30pm every day. I get enough time to read emails. That's it. Then I have a ritual of taking 50 photos of my kitchen before going to bed, take my medicine, and go night-night.

Can anyone blame me?


Another new post below.

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • Oh my goodness...I'm exhausted just reading this! Good luck with the renovation.

    By Blogger here today, gone tomorrow, at 10:31 PM, October 18, 2007  

  • Best of luck to you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 PM, October 18, 2007  

  • HTGT and Prep Pond, thanks for the wishes. While you're at it - I'm looking for granite tops.

    Any suggestions?

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 10:38 PM, October 18, 2007  

  • You may be without a kitchen, but at least you've still got a gorgeous flat panel and matching surround sound speakers on the opposite wall. Hopefully all the saw and drywall dust hasn't been sucked up into the fans of the HDTV.

    Will your dog have a built-in tongue activated water tap in the lower half of one of the cabinet doors? LG (Life's Good) makes a really sweet refrigerator that would make a nice addition to your kitchen. It's got a built-in LCD and will show you the local weather forecast each time you go to get a glass of ice water.

    Can you share with us the Indicated Outcome Report, Monthly Status Report, e-PM website, IDR (Inspection Daily Reports), and Change Order log for your project?

    I trust you've got the poor contractor (oblivious to what he was really getting himself into), obligated to some wicked LDs (Liquidated Damages) based on a tight schedule, right?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:55 AM, October 19, 2007  

  • I found the perfect addition to your kitchen renovation....

    http://www.auton.com/images/bgs/page_cilling_middle_img.jpg

    You know your husband wants one....

    Chicks love gadgets too !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 AM, October 19, 2007  

  • So here's the problem as I see it.

    You don't like the light fixture so you tear everything but the light fixture out.

    Ummmm...wouldn't it have just been easier to change the light fixture and leave everything else alone?

    By Blogger Mike, at 5:08 PM, October 19, 2007  

  • If it's any consolation, the funky light fixture looks perfect with the new decor.

    By Blogger Forrest Proper, at 5:36 PM, October 19, 2007  

  • Excellent! Remodel the kitchen to match the light fixture!

    By Blogger Sara Sue, at 2:39 AM, October 20, 2007  

  • marylandhdtv, poor contractor was on the verge of getting his ass kicked off this job due to my inspection reports. The decision to keep him was purely financial. As for frig. - it will be replaced to match decor. And yes, this chick loves gadgets!

    Mike, if I go the easy route, you're depriving a Jew of complaining. Shame on you!

    Colonel, thank you for the compliment. My dog thinks that, too.

    Sara Sue, you're jealous you didn't think of it first?

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 8:34 AM, October 20, 2007  

  • Remodeling is a total pain. We went without our kitchen for just a couple of days when we got new counter-tops. I'd go nuts if we did something like this!

    By Blogger Chickie, at 7:46 PM, October 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home