.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

9/11/2007

Happy New Year & Ramadan Mubarak


This is the last year out of three when the Jewish New Year falls with the beginning of Ramadan. And then it'll be another 30 years before these two holidays coincide.

I wish all my Jewish readers - Shana Tova U'mtuka! Sweet New Year.

And to all my Muslim readers - Ramadan Mubarak!

May this year bring only sweet things to everyone's lives. Sweet dreams, sweet smiles, sweet laughs, sweet food, sweet encounters, sweet kids, sweet work, sweet whatever they wish.

I would have made this post longer, if I had the time in the day to even think. I worked ten hours yesterday (no lunch break), and 12 hours today (no lunch break). I have no time to think or recover. Immediately after work I went shopping for food for dinner tomorrow for ten. Yeah, glutton for punishment. I took the day off tomorrow, but due to my commitment to work I agreed to come in to work on Rosh Hashanna (Thursday). I HATE doing that. It's my freaking holiday I should be resting at home. But no, I'm going to work. It sucks!

But for now, I'm loving work. Extremely stressful and a ton of things to do. That's what I wanted to do, so I can't complain. Of course the second check in the mail today was a big motivator. My employer actually paid for my own laptop, which I ordered online. How sweet is that?! My previous employer would have never let buy my own laptop and then reimburse me for it. I'm so glad I quit that company.

For those of you wondering about the image above of apple and honey. It's Jewish tradition to dip an apple slice in honey and wish each other a sweet new year. Every American I've introduced to this delicacy fell in love with it and went for seconds and thirds. I highly recommend you try it yourselves.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • Happy New Year! I'm going to dip my next apple in honey, it sounds delicious!

    Glad the job is working out and congrats on the laptop!

    By Blogger Sara Sue, at 2:54 AM, September 12, 2007  

  • What laptop did you get? What are the specs?

    Does the apple need to be organic or from a certain state, province or country? Can it be picked by illegal aliens?

    Reminds me of that song "Pour some sugar on me"....

    Now THAT would be a good Rosh Hashanna party...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:39 AM, September 12, 2007  

  • Sara Sue, let me know how you like the apple in honey. Thanks for the congrats.

    rptg, I'm relieved to see you've changed your name. Got a sweet HP.
    Apple should definitely look and taste like an apple. That's an absolute must. Everything else is optional. It can be picked by illegal aliens as long as they don't bite it before it gets to your table. Never heard the song you mention. About your idea for a Rosh Hashana party - I should have never invited you to last year's Rosh Hashanna. What a mistake! ;-)

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 9:47 AM, September 12, 2007  

  • Mybrid - after learning that your HP has a so-called "powerful AMD Turion 64 X2 dual-core processors with HyperTransport technology" within it....unfortunately I am no longer permitted to correspond with you, since you don't support the more powerful and precise suite of Intel products. Nice knowing you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:50 PM, September 12, 2007  

  • Happy Sweet New Year!

    By Blogger here today, gone tomorrow, at 7:13 AM, September 13, 2007  

  • Last night I fixed sliced apples with honey drizzled on top for dessert. HUGE hit with the dinner crowd, thank you, Sweet Mybrid! (I'll leave out the part about serving them with pork chops and gravy)

    By Blogger Sara Sue, at 1:53 PM, September 13, 2007  

  • Hey Mybrid Happy Rosh Hashanah to you too! I've been avoiding my blog lately for no apparent reason other than the fact that my mind goes blank as soon as I sit down to write something. Anyhoo let me know what you guys do to celebrate the new year , especially the food, I only ask cos' I'm fasting and I need something to slobber over. Speaking of which I had a toasted onion and poppyseed bagel with Philadelphia and tuna filling for my 'Suhoor' (the meal you eat to start the day's fast) yesterday! Thats as close to being Jewish this Muslim will ever get!

    Anyways I envy you for a free laptop, don't work too hard and enjoy your new year!

    Assalam wa alaykum and Shalom to everyone!

    By Blogger The Hard-working Slacker, at 8:12 AM, September 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home