.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

9/15/2005

Research in Israel

I enjoy reading the google news and today saw an interesting headline that of course grabbed my attention given my recent bad news: "Transplant of frozen sheep ovaries raises hopes of fertility."

So Israeli researchers have done it again! I am so relieved now knowing that I can have a frozen sheep ovary to resolve all my problems (isn't that what you all understand from this headline?). I'm just wondering what will they call the outcome of such sheep-human pregnancy? Humeep? Shuman? Sheeman? Alright, that sounds a bit too kinky!

Not to worry, that's not really what the research says. Here's where you can learn what these crazy Israelis actually concluded: http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=1939152005

This reminds me of my time back in the service in the Israeli Navy. I was part of the Naval Research Facility and was involved in the process for asking funding for research. Well come to find out the pig, much like the sheep, has a very similar lung composition as the human, and therefore is an ideal candidate for any research dealing with diving pigs. I suppose that's why the slogan is "when pigs fly" rather than "when pigs dive."

Keep in mind, this is in Israel, where pigs are considered unkosher. Come to find out purchasing pigs for research is a mighty feat and for obvious reasons the request for funding research in pigs was denied.

Thank God for sheep!

2 Comments:

  • Thank god for sheep, you say.

    Many a lonely farmer on cold nights in the far off mountain pastures has had the same thought.

    mtrain

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:42 PM, September 15, 2005  

  • Sheep are so stupid.

    When my brother was in Spain, he met a guy who lost his entire flock of sheep. One walked off a cliff. so what did the others do? They followed him. He watched from a distance his life savings suddenly disappear. Poor guy.

    They don't taste that good either.

    By Blogger The Zombieslayer, at 12:22 AM, September 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home