.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

1/29/2006

London, Day 1 and 2

I got sunburnt in London in January! Two days here and I'm accustomed to looking right before crossing a street, finding the subway, figuring out which one to take, and minding the gap.

I've been to the British Airways London Eye, Tate Modern, Chinese New Year parade at Charring Cross Road, Chinese show at Trafalgar square (with 20,000 other spectators), British Museum (where I bought a pin that has an Egyptian mummy on it, and the writing "I love my mummy" -had her laughing at it), Chinese fireworks, and finished the day at Hing Loon - a Chinese restaurant in Chinatown.

So far I've been extremely lucky with beautiful sunny weather. Absolutely perfect for all the sightseeing I had planned.

I love London. So much to see, so much to do. Very lively city with a ton of tourists speaking all languages. But today, we were all Chinese for a day. It's the year of the dog! This is going to be an awesome year!

1 Comments:

  • I got sunburnt in London in January!

    They have sun in January in that city?

    Glad you're having a good time. Missed Chinese New Years. :(

    I should have been in San Francisco.

    By Blogger The Zombieslayer, at 2:23 AM, February 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home