.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

3/30/2006

Lonely Weekend

So my husband is going for another one of his Jeep trips Friday morning. Supposedly a chance for me to do what I like. So why do I feel so lonely and sad? Why do I feel so depressed without friends? I hate being alone. I love people. I love going out with friends. I can't stand to stay in the house alone (especially with the last memory of his Jeep trip and the house break-in that same morning).

If I were in Israel now, I'd be out visiting my friends throughout the weekend. Or they'd be visiting me. But here, I'm so alone. Everyone I know is an hour away or more. No one is walking distance from my house. No one is a short drive away. I've hated living like this since day one in the U.S. Hate it with a passion.

And now I have an entire weekend to feel it more pronounced.

This week has been particularly difficult for me to be away from my Israeli friends. (Yes, there'll be a separate post about the Israeli elections, once I feel up to it). I called all of them this week. Including my best friend who once had a crush on me (and never told me). We had a beginning of a good conversation. We should have had this talk years ago. But neither of us were brave enough or mature enough to discuss it. We're slowly passing that threshhold and re-learning our friendship.

This weekend is going to suck! I can't wait for it to be over.

2 Comments:

  • Hi, I followed your comment from my blog. Im not sure if youll think this is nuts, BUT, Im planning to go to DC this weekend with my hubby and kids to visit some museums and see the cherry blossoms. Your more then welcome to join us. Im not a stalker or anything, just know the lonely feeling your referring to. Just email me and let me know. :-)

    Im Alma btw.

    By Blogger Muse, at 12:07 PM, March 31, 2006  

  • I hope that your weekend DOES NOT suck! Thanks for dropping by!

    By Blogger Mike, at 9:08 PM, April 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home