.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

4/25/2006

In Memory of

Today is Holocaust Memorial Day. I should have written something last night about it. But it's such an emotionally draining day for me that I need the time away from it before I can talk about it. The day is coming to an end. My memorial candle is almost burnt down.


I'm 37 years old. First generation to Holocaust Survivors.


For those who believe that post traumatic disorder is only unique to survivors of tragedies, then maybe you should talk to children of survivors.


I want to write more. I want to let all my feelings out. But I don't want to cry right now. There'll be another chance this week. There'll be another chance.


Today I just want everyone to know that at least one blogger is thinking of more than twenty relatives who were killed by the Nazis. Today you'll learn that a 37 year old, someone YOUR age, has lost her grandmother to shots fired from a gun held by a Nazi officer at point blank. The Holocaust may be just a history lesson for most of you, but for me it's my life.


In Memoriam of Roza Greifinger, may you rest in peace, with your brothers and sisters, nephews and nieces.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home