.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

4/23/2006

Looking for a house

My husband and I spent the weekend looking for a house. It's time to move. We're under no stress of time to find one, so we can take it easy and take our time finding the perfect house. Thankfully, our list of demands is not too conflicting. It's tempting to write our list in this blog, but I'd worry about being laughed at for having the most ridiculous priorities. Apparently, coming from an Israeli culture and architecture, some things just don't make sense to Americans. For example, I refuse to see the common sense behind placing a bathroom in close proximity to the kitchen and dining room. There's just nothing more digusting to me in American architecture than this decision.

In fact, I was so disgusted by it in my new workplace that I demanded a special key for the bathrooms located outside our offices, and a flight of steps away from the office front door. I don't know who's the moron that decided that placing the bathrooms near the kitchen is aesthetically and aromatically a brilliant idea. That moron ought to be shot, right alongside the inventor of the Storm Door.

Anyway, as we were driving around, and I was trying to orient myself after one of the many turns my husband took in three hours, I said, "South?" And he answered, "50/50/90" I already knew what he meant, but he said it anyway, "There was a 50 percent chance it would be south, a 50 percent chance it would be north, and a 90 percent chance you'd pick the wrong direction."

Yeah, I don't think I'm getting very far without my husband.

So we're intent on getting a two car garage single family home. Preferrably one floor, but a split level is also okay, and a two floor would have to be in a particular configuration for us to consider. As we drove around, I'd point out, "two car garage...one car garage...no garage..." etc. This went on for three hours before we decided to head back home. As we were headed back home, I pointed to the left, sort of satisfied with my observation skills at this point and said, "FOUR car garage!" My husband responded calmly, "Also known as the local fire department."

As we headed home I fell asleep, only to wake up one street away from our home, right across from a large church. With brain still hooked on defining houses, I pointed and said, "Big McMansion."

We need a real estate agent. Someone who has patience with two very picky individuals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home