.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

7/13/2006

I'm sad and very upset

Due to recent events in my home country I will be taking a break from blogging. I'm too upset to be able to write anything. And my family lives up north which really worries me.

But before I leave I want to clarify something you'll be hearing and reading on the top of the news for the next few days. Syria and Iran are the ones to be blamed in the recent escalation. Don't make any mistakes of believing Palestinian propoganda. It is Syria and Iran who are financially and materially supporting Hizboolah and other terrorists. Hamas and Fatah are just puppets in Syrian and Iranian hands. Syria and Iran are after obliterating Israel, and they're using their local extension - the Palestinians. They're promising the Palestinians the "world" if they do what they're told, yet do they ever give any money to the people themselves so they can live in dignity??? Do they ever send humane support to help the Palestinians? Of course not!!! They don't CARE about the Palestinians, the Palestinians are just pawns in this political game, and that's what many people outside of the middle east fail to understand. The Palestinians have always been pawns!
Believe me, the Palestinians are nice people! They only want to live their lives in peace and quiet. But they're being played by larger political powers that are taking control of them. Just like Lebanon has been played by Syria for decades!

The recent events were NOT initiated by Israel! We withdrew from Gaza several months ago. Then a couple of weeks ago some terrorists kidnapped our soldier by coming across the border and attacking a military post. Israel refuses to negotiate the release of terrorists from our jails for this soldier's life, and instead Israel launched an attack on terrorists posts in the Gaza strip. The terrorists that kidnapped the soldier are negotiating through a spokesperson in Damascus, Syria. Both Hamas AND Fatah have no clue who this faction is, and how to control it. Their hands are tied. But the pressure of families of terrorists is hanging over their head and forcing them to support the kidnappers in their demands to release prisoners.

When Syria realised that one soldier is not going to convince Israel to negotiate the release of prisoners, they decided to use a different front - the northern front where they are still in control via the Hizboolah faction. Hizboolah attacked Israel for the past couple of days from our northern border (unprovoked!!! Since we have withdrawn from Lebanon in 2000 and have not done anything in Southern Lebanon recently). They kidnapped two soldiers and killed eight yesterday. Today two more were killed in the attacks. Katyoosha rockets are fired at cities as far south as Nahariya which is only 20 minutes from my hometown.

Israel had no choice but to launch a full scale attack on Lebanon and pass the message that we withdrew with the intention of allowing the Lebanese to govern their own country, but they really need to take control over the southern border where Hizboolah is causing havoc. Lebanon needs to force Syria and Hizboolah out of its country. That's all there is to it.

Confused yet? Yes, that's the Middle East for you. So when you read the papers, make sure you scrutinize the wording of the sentences before believing everything, because it's all about the view of the author. As is this post itself.

Someone asked me recently when I'm going to start swearing on this blog. I can't. I just can't. Nothing can convey my anger now. Not even swearing. Just tears. A whole lot of them.

11 Comments:

  • Mybrid--My thoughts will be with your family as well as everyone in Israel. Israel has made every effort to accomodate their crazy neighbors and it is just never enough and yet every time they try to defend themselves, the world points a finger at them. I don't get it now and I never have.

    I hope for the best for your family and everyone in Israel and I agree...it is Syria and Iran.

    By Blogger Mike, at 1:04 PM, July 13, 2006  

  • I hope both you and your family come out well, and avoid the fanatics. Unfortunately it is the innocent non-participants who get it the worst. As for the Syrians and the Iranians, they are part of a larger group that I have discussed with you many times. Sooner or later the world will have to deal with them, or they will deal with the world. They are merciless murderers and will use anyone and anything for their own purposes, as I have been saying for 50 years.

    C'mon Israel! Get through this one OK!

    Mtrain

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:43 PM, July 13, 2006  

  • It's 3:30pm and I've just spent a couple of hours crying at work. My mom called me and told me that a rocket fell in a neighbourhood near the house. This has NEVER happened. The Lebanon war has never reached Haifa before. This is the first time it has gone this far. I'm extremely worried right now and in an emotional mess.

    I spoke to my two bosses in the company and told them that if this escalates to war, I'm headed back home. I can't stay here. Thankfully, they understand me and agreed to find a replacement for my position, knowing that it's unknown when I will be back.

    I keep bursting out crying every time I think about this. I HATE wars. HATE THEM! And this is the third war that I've been caught out of the country. I returned back the first time. I stuck out the second time. I'm going back this time. I can't stay here worried sick about them when all phone lines are down and I have no means to communicate with them.

    If I decide to leave, mtrain will get regular updates from me and will post here for me.

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 3:50 PM, July 13, 2006  

  • If there is anything I can do, please let me know. I know I am a stranger to you, but this is an issue that cuts very deep for me. I am hoping for the best for your family.

    By Blogger Mike, at 7:27 PM, July 13, 2006  

  • Mike, I'm really touched by your caring message and I really appreciate your offer. I don't consider you a stranger at all. To me the internet is just another extension of real life, and people I meet online are the same as people I meet at work. In fact, people who read my blog know me FAR MORE than the non strangers I work with.

    As for what you can do - there's a lot of things anyone can do and it all depends on how much someone is willing to do. Some people contribute financially. Some people engage in political demonstrations. Some people engage in educating others. Some people engage in letter writing to Congress. Some people just educate their own friends who don't seem to be up on all the recent events. It's about how much you have the time, patience and energy. But believe me, ANY effort will be greatly appreciated by me as an Israeli or by anyone else in Israel.

    And you know what - sending verbal support on message boards really does go a long way! It makes me feel less alone. Doesn't make me feel as lonely out here in a place where only an hour ago I proclaimed "I don't belong here, I need to be back in my country." At a difficult time like this, when people give me their support in emails and comments I realise - Americans do care about what goes on in the world!

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 9:44 PM, July 13, 2006  

  • Of course I will keep everyone informed of what happens to you if you decide to return to Israel. Will you be going as an American citizen this time? Remember how restrictive the new rules are.

    I know the urge to jump in and help your family and your country is powerful, but think carefully about what you can really do, outside of picking up your gun and firing it. I don't think you want to kill someone, although it may become necessary. As you know, nothing would please me more than to knock the masks off a few of them. I wish I were younger.

    Please be careful and trust no one you don't know.

    Mtrain

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:22 PM, July 13, 2006  

  • mtrain, if I go back home it won't be to pick a gun and kill people. Remember, that was one of the things I responded on my citizenship application with "refuse to bear arms." I'm anti guns, if you haven't gathered that already. If I go back it's because I can't stand being so far from my family during a war and because my family needs me around for the emotional support.

    And to answer your question - I don't know if I'll be going back as an American citizen. That is a question I must ask during the interview.

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 8:57 AM, July 14, 2006  

  • Sweetgirl, you and your family are in my thoughts.

    By Blogger Muse, at 10:14 AM, July 14, 2006  

  • i'm so saddened by this news as well. my thoughts are with you and your family.

    By Blogger Kiss My Mike, at 2:08 PM, July 14, 2006  

  • Best wishes for everyone involved.

    You know where to find me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:39 PM, July 14, 2006  

  • Hmm....dun agree entirely with ure post(but some of the things u said are true)....but since ure going through tough times....i think itz wiser to stay quiet.....best of luck....hope everybody remains safe....tc.

    By Blogger Aftab Iqbal, at 1:43 PM, July 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home