.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

7/18/2006

Today's update (from my brother)

From: Big Bro
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 7:15 AM
To: Mybrid
Cc:
Subject: Live report of incoming rocket


5 min ago I was witness to my first sighting (and hearing :) of a live rocket falling.
during our coffee break we saw a rocket hit an open field next to the big Electric Co. tower.
I don't think any person was around but a fire erupted immediately in the field.

cheers
big Bro.

==========================================

From: Big Bro
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 8:26 AM
To: Mybrid
Subject: incoming rocket near my work

a photo taken seconds after the hit in the open field near the Electric Co. tower.
(behind the building, on top of the hill is the Carmel hospital)

as seen from our building





[Click on photo to enlarge. It SHOULD work, but I'm not positive about it.]

When asking him if he's still watching rockets fall or has gone home, he responds with:

From: Big Bro
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 8:52 AM
To: Mybrid
Subject: RE: incoming rocket near my work

Nahhh
it's only interesting for 10 minutes
and I only got to see this because it was during my coffee break, I'm long since then back at my office.

I would never get such a good view from home, besides the road back home (Froyd ) is close to the place it fell, that's SCARYYYYYY

LOL :)

So this is what I sent him:

From: Mybrid
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 7:59 AM
To: Big Bro
Subject: RE: incoming rocket near my work

This is the image I have of you getting back homeā€¦


Now he wants me to buy him these balloons so he and the kids can drive around Haifa and have some fun. Anyone know where I could get these???

In a separate email my brother laments the serious situation and attaches a memo received from their company's management today. He wrote: As you will read in the memo, the situation is very serious. There are no services of laundry, photography or cookies.

2 Comments:

  • Well I am amazed that every one can maintian their sense of humor. And damn glad of that too. I hope everything is still okay.

    By Blogger Mike, at 8:33 PM, July 18, 2006  

  • No doubt about it, I dig your brother. I've always thought that people who can laugh in the face of possible disaster can't be licked.

    mtrain

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:54 AM, July 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home