.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

11/23/2006

Thanksgiving

I wanted to wish everyone a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving and I hope you all have a very relaxing day with a Turkey.

As for me, today I'm thankful :
  • That I still have a job.
  • That it took me only three hours to get home from work yesterday, as opposed to the four hours it took my husband.
  • That today I'm not surrounded by nephews, nieces and family-in-law drama and can actually relax at home quietly without any stress of being anywhere or cooking anything.
  • That today I can catch up with work and concentrate on it without interruption.
  • That I managed to schedule two doctors appointments for the same day next week and only have to take half a day off work for them.
  • That my health has finally given in and the symptoms are severe enough where no one can make me wait a whole month before treating me or sending me for surgery.
  • That I have my car scheduled for one-month-overdue maintenance tomorrow morning.
  • That I have time to get up at 5am tomorrow and wait for Staples to open up so I can get some gifts for my brother and coworkers.
  • That I work with the most awesome client in the world who takes about five minutes of her day to tell me how great I am.
  • That I am married to my best friend who doesn't mind talking on the phone for two hours as we both are stuck in traffic.
  • That we are getting closer to finding the perfect house and feeling optimistic about moving out of this hell hole within the next six months.
  • That my computer is still at Best Buy (going on 3 weeks now), but they're on their third attempt to fix it and apparently even after they wiped out my hard drive and restored it to the way it was sold, the problem remains. If the service center can't fix it - I get a new computer!
  • That I'm almost done with the book I'm reading for the past three months.
  • That I still haven't given up on blogging.

Here's to a happy turkey day to everyone!

3 Comments:

  • & a happy Thanksgiving to you too Mybrid.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:44 PM, November 23, 2006  

  • Sounds like a good day. Rare, though. We went without family for the first time in a long time, and it was a relief to tell the truth. No pressure to cook and clean and compare.

    I'm sorry about the medical stuff. It seems we've been up and down about this for many years, with some good, and some pretty bad. I've always felt you worked yourself too hard, even though in many cases you loved what you were doing. Time for yourself is a commodity we all need, and you mostly put your job first. If you do have to go in for surgery again, let me know, please, so I can worry.

    mtrain

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:47 AM, November 24, 2006  

  • Mike, thanks for your wishes!

    Mtrain, I will email you when I know the date for my surgery so you can stop worrying now and save it for later.

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 11:51 PM, November 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home