.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

12/04/2006

Big Brown Fuzzy Chicken Turns 10
























Ten years ago, this bundle of joy entered our lives. I can't bear to think of ever living without him. This is what makes me smile every single morning, every day when I get back from work, and every surgery I've been through. He's the most gentle dog I could ever hope for.

So why do we call him big brown fuzzy chicken? Because he is. He's afraid of anyone tall. He's afraid of any sudden noise. He's scared of balloons. He's terrified of vaccum cleaners. He's just a nervous wreck.

We spoil him rotten because we love him so dearly. He's got us well trained and we worship the ground he walks on. We try not to be biased and claim he's the most beautiful dog in the neighbourhood, but we've received enough compliments to actually believe it's true. Our secret? He eats only dog food, celery, onions and carrots.


For his tenth birthday we gave him a very special treat - a stuffed walrus! Typically we give him the stuffed animals, the ones that squeek with every bite. First thing he does with stuffed animals is tear off the tail. We're not sure why, but I think he figures it's like unwrapping a gift. When my husband and I saw the walrus at the store we both had a huge smile on our face - ahhhhh, no tail! He won't know what hit him. Little did we know how intelligent our dog is.









So yeah, toothless walrus, now looks more like a seal thanks to the plastic surgery our dog performed on his birthday present.

**WARNING: THE FOLLOWING MATERIAL CONTAINS A GRAPHIC IMAGE. IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO ANIMAL MUTILATION, DO NOT SCROLL DOWN!**

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, 'OLE DOG!

4 Comments:

  • That was a very funny video! Thanks for sharing with us. I have two labs myself and they are a constant source of amusement. They are just really good dogs - those labs. Life would be a drag without them.

    The first thing my chocolate lab does when given a new squeeky toy is to remove to squeeker. I think she thinks she is "killing" it.

    Cheers

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:48 PM, December 04, 2006  

  • BT: labs are adorable! And if you think this video was funny, I should try and record the times in his life that really make me wonder about this "intelligent" dog. My dog also likes to remove the squeeker, but since the squeeky man is his means of communication with us, he takes his time before doing it. He uses the squeeky to answer us when we're on the phone. So we'll be talking on the phone, and exactly when I need to hear the other side, that's when our dog squeeks the man. Drives us crazy sometimes!

    Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment.

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 7:23 AM, December 05, 2006  

  • Do you think he would be afraid of my chihuahua?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:13 PM, December 05, 2006  

  • Mike, funny thing is that he's not afraid of chihuahuas. Our neighbours have two. They bully him and bark him to a corner. He sniffs them real close as they continue to bark at him with all their might, and when he's tired of hearing their silly screaming, he lets out one loud bark that says "SHUT UP ALREADY!" at which point they roll over on their backs and play dead.

    You have to be there.

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 4:39 PM, December 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home