.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

1/03/2007

All those medicines and nothing works


Going on Day 10 since I caught the nasty cold and I'm still home and cannot get out of bed. I'm beginning to suspect that it may be a full blown flu and not just a simple cold. Especially with the constant fever and all my muscles telling me I can't stand up. If that's the case, then I'm pissed off at getting the flu shot and still catching a flu! Of course that doesn't really matter, since I'm pissed off period.



Every single medicine I've tried did not work. I have not slept well in two days and I'm beginning to halucinate from lack of sleep.



I watched the Ford Funeral yesterday (because it was on every single channel I typically switch to). I listened to Henry Kissinger, Tom Brokaw and others and all I could think of is feeling sorry for the living presidents sitting there and listening to the words chosen by the speakers. They highlighted Ford's integrity and qualities as a person, and it was almost begging the sentence that was left unsaid - "as opposed to the Presidents sitting here with us!" Everything said about Ford was in direct contrast to what the President today stands for. Every sentence - you could feel the knife going in deeper. All I could wonder is - so what will they say at George W. Bush's funeral?



Mostly, I feel sorry for Betty Ford for having to endure this extremely long funeral over so many days. Poor old lady! I can't begin to fathom going through such a long goodbye from a loved one. It's absolute torture. She has no privacy in her mourning. She doesn't get to walk with her husband's coffin as he's carried around. She's constantly in the eyes of the media.



This wouldn't happen in Israel. Someone dies - they get burried the same day. No coffin. No box. Just the body and the earth, the way God intended for us to be born and burried. The mourning period is seven days. After 7 days, most of the restrictions are lifted for the next 23 days, and at the end of 30 days - the mourning enters the
third phase that lasts a year. Regardless of all these phases - the burial is the same day.

1 Comments:

  • Sorry you are still feeling bad.

    As for the Ford funeral, I have mixed feelings about Ford. He was a good Presidork, but at the time I was very pissed off at him because he pardoned Nixon.

    Years later I realized he did the right thing. I also realized that what Nixon did wasn't nearly as bad as what our current Presidink has done.

    Other than the pardoning of Nixon though, I really only saw Jerry Ford as a comma in the whole Presidential paragraph.

    By Blogger Mike, at 7:55 PM, January 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home