.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

1/04/2007

I need a drink

So 2006 is gone and I'm thinking back to my new year resolutions for 2006 and how well I did. Here's my grades for each resolution I made and how well I succeeded.

1. Start drinking alcoholic drinks. I'd give this an E for I made an effort. Sure, I failed miserably. But I did make an effort and I think that counts with new year resolutions.
2. Visit Australia. I'd give this an A+. Because I managed to not only visit Australia but include my husband in the plans, and even make a visit to London to meet my parents for five days.
3. Quit my company. I'd give this an F for I fucking haven't done it yet!
4. Pass a professional licensing exam. I'd give this one an A. I passed in June. Didn't make stellar marks on the test. But I passed, so I suppose that's all that matters.
5. Become a U.S. Citizen. I'd give this a A- because it didn't involve a lot of effort and was just about the easiest exam I've ever had in my life.
6. Start the process of having kids. I'd give this a B for I read the Books.
7. Find a house by the end of the year. I'd give this an A for I found A house. Didn't put a contract on it, but at least I found it.

That's where my list stopped. I think overall I did really well, considering this is the first year I've actually managed to accomplish some items on my New Year resolutions. In fact I've even accomplished some things that weren't on my list, but I'm not about to share them in public since they're kinda private.

Now I'm ready for the New Year Resolutions for 2007, which unfortunately has some carry over from last year's resolutions.
1. Now that we've found a house. Moving is at the top of the list.
1a. Actually, strike the line above. Get healthier by February is way up at the top of my priorities at this point.
2. Quit my job. This time I'm fairly certain I'll manage this one, since I'm determined to move on.
3. Start a new job.
4. Go through at least a couple of line items of small construction projects to do around the new house.
5. Get more serious about the kids thing. Now that I've read the books, I should probably consult with a doctor, a support group, a social worker or something. Internet?
6. Make the March of the Living trip to Poland with my mom and nephew.
7. Find new friends in the area where we will move to. Preferrably, find a community of Israelis that I can belong to and feel comfortable with.
8. Which would probably be the most difficult one to accomplish this year - gain weight back to January 2006 weight.
9. Not to give up on alcohol just yet. Give it a few more tries before scratching it off new year resolutions. Maybe I haven't tried a wide enough variety.

That's the list. Notice how I'm purposely excluding anything to do with blogging from the lists. That's because blogging to me is not a commitment I want to make. I do it as long as I enjoy it. When I stop enjoying it, I'll stop doing it.

Here's to wishing everyone good luck with your new year resolutions.

1 Comments:

  • Wow, that is a pretty good list of accomplishments and a good list of resolutions for the new year.

    I made a resolution not to make a resolution. So far, I have done okay except for that one little resolution I made not to make a resolution.

    By Blogger Mike, at 8:39 PM, January 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home