.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

2/08/2007

Beit Halochem

The drawings I've uploaded in the past couple of months, were drawn by my father as part of his participation in an art class given at Beit Halochem, Haifa. The exhibit with his paintings has come to a close, and with it a letter has arrived at my parents' house. The letter notified my dad that three of his paintings have been selected to represent the Haifa center in a nationwide art exhibit that will be presented in the Tel Aviv center of Bet Halochem.
The drawing above is comprised of photos interlayed within the drawing. You'll notice our favourite painter - Dali, proudly displayed, and in the background is the Haifa center of Beit Halochem.
Beit Halochem takes care of all of Israel's disabled veterans. I can't say enough good things about it. I contribute to them regularly. Read their website to understand what they do (warning: some of the images of wounded soldiers are a bit graphic).

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • We need a Beit Halochem here in America. What's with America's treatment of our disabled veterans? That's one of my pet peeves. We don't take care of our vets here.

    Dali's cool. Me? Probably Picasso, Michaelangelo, and Leonardo. But Dali's still cool. He's up there.

    By Blogger The Zombieslayer, at 12:20 AM, February 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home