.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

1/18/2007

Bursting in a rash

I think the stress of work and buying a house is causing this crazy rash on my face. Thankfully, most of it is unseen, but it's irritating me. The part that's visible looks like bug bites. I'm just not sure whom I can convince that I got bitten by mosquitoes in 40 degree weather.

The lead inspection today resulted in a positive report. The type of report that says, "Yes, we're positive there's lead based paint in your house." Now we're waiting for the details - which layer of paint is it? And how do we mitigate it?

The appraisal came back with a similar number as our offer.

The sellers are flying in on January 31st to sign the contract at 2pm and they leave on the next flight back.

I just hope this rash doesn't expand to a point where I'm unable to leave the house in fear of being declared contagious.

Tomorrow I break the news to my mother and father. I've been thinking about the best way to do it all afternoon. I have an idea of how to do it, but I'm fairly certain my mother wouldn't get the hint and I may have to just tell her outright what it means.

My mom calls me every Friday morning on my way to work. Past couple of months were extremely hectic for the both of us. My parents just moved into a new apartment, after 38 years in the same apartment. This deserves an entire separate post, so look for it in future. At the same time of their move, I was going through health hell which had my mom overly worried on top of all her other worries. So she's forgotten to ask me how the house search is going. I didn't volunteer information. I decided to tell her only when we get close enough to signing on a house. Tomorrow would be as close as it gets for my own comfort.

I intend on telling her, "Mom, I figured out what you can get me for my birthday next month. I want a new Mezuzah!" She'll of course ask why, at which point I'll tell her for the new house. Her expected reaction would be - "oh, ok" and she'd switch subjects or ask "so how's the house search going?" And that's when I'll ask, "Why do you think I need a new Mezuzah?!"

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Sounds like a house hunting/buying rash to me. I don't think it is fatal.

    Who pays for removing the lead paint? Or do they remove it at all?

    By Blogger Mike, at 7:57 PM, January 19, 2007  

  • i get those rashed when i expose my skin to cold water... to much of em.
    Don't worry a good cream ought to do the trick. I know stress can be aweful... do you think slight tummy ache while pregnant is bad?

    By Blogger funny bunny, at 1:03 AM, January 22, 2007  

  • Mike, lead paint was found only on the garage door jamb. We'll pay for the removal, since we may buy a whole new garage door anyway.


    TC! It's good to see you back! As for your advice about a good cream - that'd be great if only I knew which one of the twenty shelves in the store would be best.

    As for slight tummy ache while pregnant - I wouldn't know. But wait, does this mean you're pregnant???

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 1:32 PM, January 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home