.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

2/09/2007

Into the Unknown

Tomorrow is Moving Day! I've decided to take the day off today so I can finish packing, because right now we're no where near ready. I'm excited about the move, but a bit anxious about it, too. There's a lot of things we need to do around the house construction-wise to make it look the way we want, and we'll be living in temporary setup until we sell our current house.

At least this will reduce my commute from 70 minutes to 10 minutes, so I'll have an extra two hours a day to figure it out.

Our dog is already stressed by seeing us packing for the past couple of weeks. He thinks we're going to leave him behind. I think he's going to be really traumatized when he realises his parents are splitting.

Yup, my husband and I decided to split.

I take the dog to the new house, and my husband gets one sofa and a blanket to stay in the old house. Until he freaking finishes fixing the house so we can sell it! I'm taking away the computer, TV, and books. I'm considering taking away his credit cards, too, so he doesn't find other ways to entertain himself. But hopefully, as long as I keep the dog hostage it will be an incentive for him to finish the house.

This will also give me the opprotunity to set up the new house the way that I want to.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Good thing I don't live close by. We'd be having a hell of a party at your husband's house.

    By Blogger Mike, at 9:04 PM, February 09, 2007  

  • If you did live close by, I wouldn't have allowed him to stay at the house to begin with. I'm not THAT stoopit! ;)

    By Blogger Mybrid, at 11:28 PM, February 09, 2007  

  • You gave me a scare. I thought for a split second you two were separating.

    Commuting sucks. We're renting out our house and moving into apartments ten minutes from work to avoid any commute. Those two hours extra in the day add up. That's ten hours more a week for you. Plus, there's nothing more aggravating than traffic.

    By Blogger The Zombieslayer, at 2:01 AM, February 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home