.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

6/19/2007

Happy 43rd!

Tomorrow is my husband's birthday. He doesn't know I've been thinking about it for over a month. I've been intentionally making all kinds of plans for this week including a contractor coming to install a cabinet tomorrow in my bathroom.




Typically I have to think very hard what to get him because it's not easy to get something for someone who buys everything he wants himself. But this year I actually had three different options. The race was between a TempurFlow mattress, XBOX 360 Elite and the winning candidate: An inversion table!








I had consulted our chiropractor for advice on how to purchase one and eventually went for the one that's easily stored in a closet (since we live in a house without a basement for something like this). I ordered it on Amazon and figured delivery may take a while. Turns out, I was wrong. It was at the front door the following day! But here I am standing at the front door, with this huge package weighing over 70lb and no way to hide this in our house.





So I pondered this for a while and came with the brilliant idea of hiding it in plain sight! With the help of some towels I dragged the box on top of them through the front door and then "rolled" it until I could let it rest against the wall. Then I used the towel to cover the writing on it so it doesn't catch my husband's eye. Mind you, I do need to explain that we're still in the process of furnishing our house and figuring everything out, so obviously all the boxes you see in the photo have been there for several weeks now.

This large box has been sitting there for a week now. I've been taking a photo of it every morning. Just for the fun of it. And yup, he hasn't noticed it yet. It's right there in front of his eyes when he walks in the front door every single day. It's right there in front of his eyes when he listens to the messages on the phone, it's right there when he picks up his keys to the car.




I'm thinking about getting up tomorrow morning and not saying a word about his birthday. Then when I get home I'll oversee the contractors installing the cabinet and when they leave I'll sit down and ask him, "SO....did you find your birthday present yet? Because it's been in the house for a week now. Staring at you every morning and afternoon."

EDIT: Woke up this morning, took a shower, got out of the shower and first words to my husband this morning were....."You need to take down the toilet paper holder here before the cabinet is installed." Yeah, this is the first birthday in 14 years that I have not acknowledged early morning. And I'm willing to bet he didn't even notice THAT.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home