.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

12/16/2007

The Jew who Loves Christmas Music

Mike was tagged for a Christmas meme, but he didn't tag me (for obvious reasons). I wouldn't have an answer to any of the Christmas related questions, except one: 14. What's your favourite Christmas music?

This band turned me on to Christmas music and I can listen to them non-stop during this season.

So without wasting your time, I give you Trans-Siberian Orchestra - "Christmas Canon Rock"



Yes, Jews also like Christmas music. Not only that, but they even go to Christmas music concerts. In three hours I'll be sitting comfortably in a front row at the Verizon Center in D.C. watching this awesome concert:




It's my Christmas gift to my husband who loves their music, too. I bought the tickets while he was overseas in Australia (ummm...yeah, I think I forgot to mention that on my blog). I couldn't believe that I actually got front row seats for this show! I'm so excited.

You may all remember me posting links to the synchronized Christmas lights on this house two years ago. Well, since then we've seen it on TV ads, and many other copycats have appeared on the scene. Here's one successful house from this year's crop:




What do you think, Mike, care to admit you like Christmas music after watching these?

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • Okay, this isn't bad, and it beats the hell out of that sappy Christmas-y crap.

    By Blogger Mike, at 8:31 PM, December 16, 2007  

  • But now that you mentioned it, I really should have tagged you for the Christmas meme. It might have been interesting to see your take on Christmas.

    By Blogger Mike, at 8:32 PM, December 16, 2007  

  • My wife's family has always loved Christmas- Amy says it's even better when you don't have to worry about all the religious trappings. They're German Jews, so Xmas was always part of the family tradition- Amy's great aunt always used to bring a ham for Christmas...

    By Blogger Forrest Proper, at 10:43 AM, December 17, 2007  

  • I hate xmas but I've always loved the lights. It just amazes me how much trouble people will go through. They're even better when set to music! Thanks@

    By Blogger Sara Sue, at 12:46 PM, December 17, 2007  

  • There's nothing better than tickets for great seats for a musical performance you KNOW you're going to love. Have a great time!

    By Blogger here today, gone tomorrow, at 12:08 PM, December 19, 2007  

  • heyy! i love the music too although im a Muslim :) it doesnt matter wht u adhere to, as long as you can belong. you shd lissn to "Faith like a child" by "jars of clay". ull love it :)

    By Blogger Rooj, at 2:19 PM, December 21, 2007  

  • Hope you guys had a great time at the concert!

    Those lights are something else. Wonder what sort of power bill they have?

    By Blogger Chickie, at 7:08 PM, December 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home