.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

11/04/2005

The Post About Money

This is short, because this subject is not the easiest to write about while at work.

I love deposits. Thankfully, so does my bank. I just wish it wasn't limited to a bi-monthly occurance. Could be cool if it were daily, but I suspect some people might get jealous. Every so often I wonder how much others are getting. I'm dying to ask, but they tell me it's impolite to ask this in the American society. Sometimes I fantasize about working two jobs and getting an extra source of income, but I'm not sure if my husband would approve.

While money may not buy happiness, the pursuit of money sure does. I enjoy checking out money from different countries. It's so colourful and beautiful with all those intricate foreign designs. I don't always understand the currency, but it's still a pleasure to hold it and try to figure out the exchange rate.

Out of sheer curiosity - how often do you guys balance your checkbooks?

Toda La'el Hayom Yom Shishi!

2 Comments:

  • My wife does 100% of the accounting. She even sets aside the money I can spend and what I can use for investing.

    I do 100% of the investing. I even choose which stocks she invests in. It's because we do what we're good at.

    I've made her some decent money for her stocks. She does a wonderful job at accounting.

    it was her accounting that told me I had to quit my job in Santa Barbara and move up to San Francisco. She told me that at that rate, we'd never be able to afford the anti-zombie compound.

    I love talking money. If you ever want to talk money, I'm all ears.

    By Blogger The Zombieslayer, at 7:08 PM, November 04, 2005  

  • I balance mine when the statement comes. That's also when I write out the checks to pay my bills. I mail the bills according to dates I write on the outsdie of the envelope (which will eventually be hidden under the stamp). All this is carefully orchestrated to coincide as closely as possible with the bill's due date and the closest pay day. It's a juggling act, isn't it?

    By Blogger WordWhiz, at 11:04 PM, November 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home