.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

5/02/2006

One Sad Day After Another

I'm trying to find time and strength to write the posts I want to write, but it's not happening.

Holocaust Memorial Day was last week. Today is Memorial Day for Fallen Soldiers in Israel and tonight the Independence Day celebrations begin. It's a tough transition from national saddness to national celebration, but the purpose behind it is to claim - in their deaths they commanded us our life and independence.

22,000 Israeli soldiers died defending our country.

Today I'll be thinking of my best friends who lost their brothers in wars when we were only 12 years old. My thoughts will be with friends from my class who died during their military service. My thoughts will be with my brother who's lost his best friend in war at the age of 19.


Tonight my thoughts will be with my friends and family celebrating in the streets and enjoying the celebrations of Independence Day.

To learn more about it click here.

Happy 58th Birthday, ISRAEL!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home