.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

1/08/2007

Make this year go away!

While still dealing with my friend's death, and reading the messages from his numerous friends, I've been trying to put a closure on it. I contacted his family and spoke to his daughter. I felt glad to hear that he died without pain, in his sleep. I've emailed his daughter and offered my help in sending her the links to the websites that he visited and the places where he participated as a writer.

I still think about him throughout the day, and it may take a while before I get used to it.

But things actually got worse this evening, when I got an email from my best friend in Israel, Boaz.
This is what his email said:

I would have called you, but I'm too tired to speak, and I want to tell you now:
My dad died today.
.....

I'm O.K., as I have great family that supports me. My mother is a hero, but I think she is the one that will suffer the most in the coming time.
Sorry to tell you such news. But nobody lives for ever. I say that dad is still living in me and in my sister, in our blood and cells.


I'm numb from pain and overwhelmed with emotions. His parents were like my second parents. They had always thought that we would get married one day. We didn't because we were too close to each other and were more like brother and sister. I was so shocked from the news, I called him right away. Then I sent a message to my mom to call me.

I can't handle all this pain. It's too much in one week. Too overwhelming. I just want this year to end. Nothing good can come out of this year.

May you rest in peace, Mr. Kahane.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home