.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hybrid Thoughts

6/30/2007

My favourite children on earth

I love seeing them grow. These are the most amazing kids in the world. And I'm not saying this because I'm related to them, but because apparently everyone else thinks this, too.


The two eldest graduated this year with exceptional honors at the top of their class. The eldest is also the most popular in the entire school and is the center of attention everywhere he goes. The youngest is rapidly becoming the social butterfly that attracts girlfriends left and right.

Every time I get their photos, like these, I just want to hop on a plane and go back home to hug them and never leave again! I just love them to pieces. But what really kills me inside is knowing that next year, the eldest one, my favourite kid in the entire world - is joining the army. I just can't believe it. Nor can I let him go. He's just a kid. No one can deny it when looking at his photo. This kid is turning 18 in two months! Why do they grow so fast? Why?



Labels:

5 Comments:

  • What beautiful kids! Great shots too. 18 looks so much younger these days. I'm fascinated by the black & white(and pink)shot.

    By Blogger Sara Sue, at 12:58 AM, July 01, 2007  

  • Great looking kids Mybrid and great photos too.

    By Blogger Mike, at 8:39 PM, July 01, 2007  

  • Every now and then I look at the boys and remember how small they used to be and it makes me want to cry. I wish they'd stay young!

    By Blogger Chickie, at 12:04 AM, July 02, 2007  

  • Beautiful kids! And yes, it's absolutely amazing how they can be adorable little rugrats one day and then you blink and they're graduating, and all you can do is stand back and wonder at how cool they are.

    By Blogger Phoebe Fay, at 12:38 PM, July 02, 2007  

  • The girl looks like Winnie from that show where the guy talks about his past.

    The eldest looks like my 2nd favorite receiver. My favorite receiver was my younger brother, who was just so fast nobody could cover him. But the guy the eldest looks like wasn't fast, but he'd catch anything.

    I remember one game he had a nasty fall and his hands were bleeding. We were at the five yard line and he looked at me and said "you know what to do."

    I bulleted the ball in there, and he still caught it, with blood on the ball. Great guy too. Wonder what happened to him.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:12 PM, July 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home